Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Weird News Wednesday

This is one that we tried desperately to see. James and I got the kids pizza, let them eat it in the car, and drove almost 2 hours to WI to try to see the Northern Lights. After playing in the park in the dark for over an hour, we came back. Unfortunately, we should have gone to Michigan instead. Check out these photos! We did get to see about 6 shooting stars though. By the way, the next cool astronomical thing going on is the Perseid meteor shower on the 12-14.

Sometimes (when I remember), I dress the kids in the same bright color to take them to the park. Like red. Papal red.

Anyone up for some papal souveniers? Celebrate your enthusiasm for your favorite sports team the pope! Don't forget to stop by the Catholics with Attitude site as well.

I wonder if they have any papal onesies. Are you due to have a baby sometime soon? In that case, I know what you were up to during the blizzards last winter! Apparently, hospitals are getting ready for a baby boom. Because, you know, building snowmen is only fun for a little while, and then you gotta find something else to do...

Warning! This is not a snowman. This is a creepy creepy robot, who according to my friend, looks like a quadriplegic baby. I agree, but with zombie overtones. Yeesh! Maybe some papal-phenalia would help.

4 comments:

Charlotte said...

That robot will give me nightmares, I assure you.

I've always heard about the baby boom thing. Have two babies myself in September, merry Christmas to you.

The pope thing would have been funnier if I hadn't just visited Utah complete with a stop at Deseret Book and BYU bookstore.

Rebekah said...

I totally want a Top of the Popes hoodie. It is sweet.

Rebekah said...

Oh, and also the "Hi Ho, Hi Ho, I'm off to see the Pope" hoodie. That one is also awesome. It makes me think of the Family Guy episode where Peter kidnaps the Pope to win his father's love. Or something.

Eve said...

the northern lights are really cool!!!