Tuesday, September 28, 2010

just have time for a quickie, but that's ok since I don't know some of y'all that well anyway...

At Bud's soccer game

The ball was kicked and got stuck between one little boy's knees. As Bud was telling me about it after the game, he said that it was good that it stuck where it was, because it was a little too close to that boy's batteries.

****************

Sassafras just got her ears pierced. again. She had let them close after the first time at the age of 8. I guess she just wasn't ready. We got them done at a tattoo place. There's a beautiful gallery here that does piercings and tattoos, as well as selling art and doing shows. I'd link, but if you don't know where I live, you don't need to. The guy explained it really well and also explained to her why getting it done at the mall is nasty and unsanitary. So she has little silver barbells through her ears instead of some cheap bling done by some kid who doesn't know what they're doing and doesn't clean the piercing gun.

****************

I got a new job.

****************

the Hamster is playing preschool soccer this season. He spends most of his time doing his funny walk across the field (think of a very cool chicken taking loooonnnnggg steps) and picking flowers. Since his mother is the one who did the same thing on the softball field, I just laugh. The important thing is to just let him get used to being on the field.

****************

Pickles started playing the viola. This is the kid who has grip problems and still occasionally grips his fork in his fist instead of holding it correctly at the age of 9. Hopefully this will help his fine motor skills. And hopefully I can handle one of the kids learning a string instrument without killing them. I'm really sensitive to the sound of a cat being strangled with it's own tail.
Weird, I know.

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

I've successfully steered my kids away from the string instruments (so far). I will have to look into this tattoo ear piercing thing. Makes a lot of sense.

Olivia Meikle said...

My mom never let us learn strings. "Only instruments that sound good even when played by a moron." Okay, maybe she didn't say moron. And my sister did sneak a french horn in there somehow.


I miss you.