Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I have bloggers' block. I want to keep y'all update, rahlly I do, but I sit here to type and all I can think about is how stressed I am. I don't even have time to do the de-stressing things I do like painting/walking/hanging out with friends.

I have a beautiful old attic in our new house that I want to turn into a studio. Converting it really just means putting drafting tables and easels and supplies up there and sitting down to paint.

Are you new here? I'm an artist. I like to play around with all mediums, but what I have a burning desire to do is paint in oils. Specifically with paint knives. I like to smear the paint on like it's icing. I usually use a very rich palette full of deep blues, crimsons, and yellow ochres. I tend to go towards a more impressionist style with a dreamy quality. I like to express how something made me feel, rather than recreate a scene. Are we all together now?

Moving on.

Anyway, I can't seem to remember anything funny my kids have said lately. Either I can't seem to keep it in my brain, or I just haven't seen them enough lately. Prolly both. I am planning on taking Sassafras to see the new Harry Potter movie. She made it a goal to reread the series this summer and finished last week, little genius that she is. She read them all last summer, but didn't finish till August.

I haven't been keeping up with politics lately either. I'd love to write a witty reply to Sotomayer's wise Latina remark, but I've only skimmed articles and read headlines.

I feel as though I'm losing my pithiness. Or it's just being replaced with Chemistry and Physics.

I did get to unpack all my herbs and spices. The smell when I opened the boxes in the new kitchen almost made me cry.

There's lots to do at the new house. Unpacking first, but small repairs here and there. It's 109 years old, so there's ongoing upkeep. It's beautiful though.

I have to go. I have class again in a few. Sorry if this post is so disjointed...

4 comments:

Mom/Grandmomma said...

Honey, it does/will get better. I'll try to get back up there soon. Love, Mom/Grandmomma

Mikey said...

You know, it doesn't bug me that much that Sotomayor is a racist bigot. I've come to expect that from nearly everyone. But I'm right pissed that people are ignoring her statements about legislating from the bench. Having her on the Supreme Court literally scares me.

Eve said...

Have Sass take some pictures of the new house, I can't remember if you ever got another camera, and then if you ever have time to put them up, I would LOVE to see them!

Becky said...

Hang in there girl! We will do more to give you breaks! You are not allowed to explode!!!
Your house is so awesome! I am totally jealous!!!