Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Quick update

We close on the house tomorrow at 1pm

I start a brutal school schedule next Tuesday that will have some days that start at 8am, take a break at 2pm, start back at 345pm and end at 945pm. I have already made a giant cardboard cutout of myself so the kids don't miss me. Then I recorded myself saying things like "Go clean your room!", and "Get off the roof!" They won't miss me at all.

Mom and Shannon came for Pickles' baptism on the Fourth of July. Cool date, no? But we miss them. We also missed our other family members who couldn't make it.

I got some running shoes. I like walking/running, it's just difficult to get out and do it. But I am 15 lb lighter than I was last summer, so it's progress. My small goal is to be a size smaller by the end of summer. Just one size. My pants now are already a lot looser, so I'm on track.

I'm thinking about planning a road trip to ATL at the end of October to pick up all the house type things we left in GA when we moved here: washing machine, corner cabinet, lawn mower, etc.. So if you feel like driving to GA and back with me the last week of October, let me know. I don't listen to country and I don't take many bathroom breaks, so that weeds a few of y'all out already.

That's about it for now.

4 comments:

M.Howerton said...

road trip??
Tempting.
Just think... I could be kid free, have more than 30 seconds of adult conversation, and out of town all in the same sentance. Things I have only ever dreamed of, and thought I would have to be 60 to happen!

Rebekah said...

We're closing on our house tomorrow, too! Yay!

logan said...

Good luck super mom!! XO.

Becky said...

Hang in there with the house stuff! I am sorry it is dragging so much!!! It will close someday, I promise!!!
The baptism was so awesome! Thanks for inviting us!
Yeay for being lighter than last year! Keep going. I am hoping for that, too!
Oh, road trip! That would be so much fun! I have never been to GA (well, I have been to the ATL airport, but that doesn't really count!).
We are looking at maybe moving south in a few years! Who knows!