Sunday, July 26, 2009

I've told you before (if you don't remember, or I didn't really tell you before, then just go along with it) that I'm a teacher at church for the 4-yr olds turning 5. It's called CTR 5. CTR = Choose the Right. Anyhoo, each Sunday, we ask the children how their week was. Did they do anything special? Did they go anywhere fun? James, who team-teaches with me, always asks what they had for breakfast...

So the last few Sundays have been particularly entertaining.

me: How was your week E?

E: It was good. (interrupting herself) I'M A ROCKSTAAAAAARRRRRR!!!! So anywaaaaaaaay, my sistooh and me took a shower and we peed on each other. Oh, we also went to Chuck-E-Cheese last week, but I already told you about that.

James inexplicably had a coughing fit at this point.

me: You know, E, that's probably not a good idea. I don't think your mom would like that if she knew.

E: Oh, she doesn't know. Also, when are you gonna get a new boy? Bud is totally annoying. Are you pregnant now?

me: Uh, no. OK, who's next?


Chach: ME, ME, ME, ME, ME, ME!

me: Ok, Chach, what did you do this week?

Chach: We went to Chuck-E-Cheese too!

me: You did? That's awesome! What for?

Chach: Dad said that if M went potty training, then we could go. She did, so we went. I got 20 tokens!

E: You did not.

Chach: I did too! You weren't there.

me: She went, E. Girls, that's enough. Who's next? Y? You want to go next?


Y: no.

me: Not anything?

Y: no.


me: J? How bout you, buddy?

J: I have a baby now.

me: You do? What's his name? (J's new little brother is several months old now, but he's still excited about it.)

J: E-why. And then he said something that sounded like a story about monkeys invading his house.


me: Really! That's great. J'dan? How bout you honey?

J'dan: We had some friends come over. And they made a mess. And my mom said they're not very good-picker-uppers but that every family has different rules and that we like them anyway.

I'm sharing these with you so that as a parent, you can be aware that your kid is soaking up and sharing all kinds of interesting tidbits with their teachers, and probably any other adult who will take half a minute and listen. And then that adult will blog about it.

Just so you know!

P.S. E and her sister do not really pee on each other. I shared E's story with her mom and they had a LONG talk!

9 comments:

Jenny P. said...

5 year old conversations are hilarious.

And you are very brave for being their teacher. :)

M.Howerton said...

LOVE it!
Thank you for sharing. I needed to smile.

NOBODY said...

HILARIOUS!!

I am sooooooooooo glad my child is not in your class. Giving that kind of air time to children can only be dangerous for their parents.

Children should be seen and not heard.

Mom/Grandmomma said...

And then there's the story about ucmama's sister, E, who had to write a paper for school about the worst thing that had ever happened to her. So, she wrote about the time her big sister, ucmama, held her down and peed in her mouth. Euuuuw. Needless to say, the teacher called to ask me about this (think DFACS). After a discussion with E, it was discovered NOT to be true. E said she couldn't think of anything bad that had ever happened to her; so, she made up a story so she could write the paper. They are only still alive now because they were cute when they were little .....

ucmama said...

Thanks for thinking I'm brave Mommy J. I sure do love my Primary kids.

Mama H, you should call me, then I can make you laugh too!

Nobody, you do such an excellent job blogging about your kids, there's no need for me to do it.

Mom, I almost didn't post your gross comment. get your own blog!

Olivia Meikle said...

Well E's not going to be talking to you anymore . . .

:)

Big M gets awesome inside scoop from nursery kids too, which he then relays to parents. "So, Rod, I hear you spread peanut butter all over Amelia's arms and legs yesterday . . . why was that?" It's entertaining.

Charlotte said...

I am glad that my 4 year old son isn't in your class. Most of his stories are true. And he likes to blab.

Jamie said...

Sister "Lightbulb"- You are one of our favorite all time primary teachers...and just so you know, I did say that about the friends who didn't pick up- it was very true! Thanks for being a fabulous teacher.

Becky said...

Silly Chach! She had such an amazing time at Kentucky Cheese's (as it is called at our house)!!! She got like 50 tokens really! It was an amazingly fun time!
I am so glad that she told everyone about it. She loves sharing family "news". We have to hide stuff well from her!
And I don't blame E for not believing her. It is pretty amazing to get 20 tokens!