Monday, July 13, 2009

The interesting situation I find myself in:

I'm paying rent for the month of July for a house I'm not living in.

I don't officially own the house we are living in until next Friday.

Money hasn't been this tight in a long time.

We met one of our new neighbors, who immediately threatened to call the cops on us if we let our dog bark all night again. Which we don't. A plate of cookies would have been a WAY nicer welcome.

Someones tried to get into my truck the first night it was parked out front. My 285K mile, battered, nicest thing in it is Hamster's car seat, Suburban. So, luckily we have a garage out back that we will definitely be parking in from now on.

We had a swarm of people from church come and help us move. We have NEVER had this many church members help us move. When we get settled, y'all all need to come over for some fried chicken - yee haw!

I got a new pair of running shoes, but haven't been able to try them out for the last 3 days. grr.

I have a great new attic with 100 year old wooden floors to use as a studio. I'm itching to paint just thinking about it.

Good friends moved away, and I miss them.

I'm on a 2 hour break from classes right now, before I have to go back.

which is why...

I've been reading and enjoying everyones' blogs, even if I haven't been commenting or posting my own. Don't worry, I'm still here.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Oh girl! Glad you got into your house, even if you are just squatters for the next few days! (0:
Sorry about your suburban! What a joke!
You are in our prayers for school!!!
You are awesome and amazing and the life blood to my little Chach's survival at church for sure!!!
PS Fried Chicken, huh? I better go put on my running shoes right now!