Monday, August 10, 2009

Hello beautiful people!

I've had a few blog posts rolling around in my head lately, but they're not so coherent and they're also not finished, so rather than wait till my Organic Chemistry class is over and I have my days back for a couple months, I decided to just post a few updates about what's goin' on 'round here.

We're settling into the house. We have just a few boxes left to unpack and we're planning a garage sale for the last weekend in August. Anyone who wants to bring anything over, you're welcome to do so. No kids though. It's illegal to sell them. Don't worry about how I know that, just trust me.

I also would love some bar stools too, if you happen to have 4 you don't need anymore. Apparently, bar stools are in high demand. I've been trolling craigslist recently looking for them. I've found free chinchillas, and an antique torture device, but no bar stools for less than $100/pc. I didn't take the chinchillas or the antique, I just found them...

The kids are loving their own rooms. It'd be great if they'd actually sleep in them. Bud carries his outer space nightlight around with him and that's how I know which room he's sleeping in. I just look for the projected image of space on a ceiling. Pickles shares his room with his rabbit, BunBun. Nobody could come up with a good name, so his nickname stuck. Pickles didn't like my suggestions of Steve, Ra-butt, or Dinner, so Bunbun it is. Sassafras has been living in her room for the past several weeks. She's on a mission to read a gajillion books this summer. She's almost there too. We just slide a plate of food under her door and try not to get our hand bitten. And the Hamster is still not potty-trained. Remember how I said it's illegal to sell kids? Well, I'll give you this one. He's really cute, funny, and eats his fruits and veggies, he just smells awful once or twice a day.

I have to go write up a paper that's due in a few hours, but I wanted to let y'all know we're still here. Hopefully it won't be close to 2 weeks again before I post.

Love you long time, Michelle.

3 comments:

Olivia Meikle said...

Big M gave my guinea pigs nicknames too. A collective nickname, in fact. "Food Storage."

I want a space nightlight.

Good to have you back.

Becky said...

Glad you are still alive and kickin'! Sorry you have been sick! Get better for sure!
Potty training is pretty rough over at our house, too! We are starting to run out of clothes! Sheesh!

M.Howerton said...

I like your choices of rabbit names- what is wrong with Pickles? :)

I need to come see your house soon and visit. Sorry this summer has been well hectic. We need to walk- have pie, or come up with a better excuse to get out without the kids.
Love ya!