Wednesday, August 19, 2009

a little spice makes e'er thang nice

*I wrote a depressing blog post. I'm not dying (or pregnant) lovely reader, just stressed. But thank you for your concern, all the same.

*My mom texted me and told me she was going to be on some show on MTV. My mom is ** years old, people! on MTV?!? story developing...

*I suffered a migraine *shudders*. Nothing like having your head turned inside out swiftly and violently to make you immediately re-prioritize your day.

*I saw a rainbow. I spent an hour, gloriously alone, in a book store as a tempest raged outside. The heavens calmed themselves, I paid for my books (I bought 6 just for me!), and walked outside to see God's promise up above.

*The checkout lady at Walmart didn't say a word to me until she told me the total. I had almost $300 worth of groceries. That's a long time for a southern gal to wait for some dang customer service or a smile. If I had been in GA, I would have heard her life story starting from where her parents were born, all about her daughter's medical conditions (including the pictures), her brother who just got out of jail but still can't go within 10 miles of that trailer park anymore, and her new puppy who chewed up all her underwear and then got sick on her bed. Hmmm, come to think of it, carry on, Midwestern checker-outer. I wasn't in the mood anyway.

*the Hamster has only fallen off the potty-train once this week.

*Pickles asked if he could take the snake to school for Pet Day instead of the rabbit, because he was worried the rabbit would bite people.

*My suburban now only smells vaguely like the half-gallon of milk that spilled in the back a few weeks ago.

*James would like me to also add that he has done all the laundry and dishes for the last week as well. When I can come home after 12-hr school days to an empty sink and clean clothes, I can definitely add that to the post, Honey. Oh, also, I get foot rubs.

*and you stopped by to say hi. That's the best part :)

What has happened that has made your week nicer?

6 comments:

Jenny P. said...

Okay, so I always forget the the hamster is how you refer to one of your kids. On more than one occasion, I have asked myself, "Is she really trying to potty train a hamster?!"

What can I say. I'm a weirdo.

What has made my week better? Hmmm. I've had a pretty uneventful, normal week. Maybe that in itself is a good thing? Everything has been normal. :)

M.Howerton said...

reading your posts always make my weeks nicer. Oh and the kids are back in school and I have more time to read them. :)

Eve said...

I'm dilated to a 2-3, that makes my week nicer :)

Charlotte said...

Well I got to read a fun blog post.

Oh, and I went on an hour long drive with my kids and they didn't fight. That is always a plus/miracle.

Must hear more about the MTV thing, very interesting.

ucmama said...

Mommy J - we tried to potty train a hamster, but he kept falling in. Now, I just refer to one of my kids as the Hamster.

Mama H - WOO-HOO!

Eve - I can't wait!

Charlotte - Did you sedate them or something?

Carrot - Hi yourself :)

Songbird Mama said...

that sounds like my last 2 weeks.....now we are sick and are leaving for the beach on saturday!
ha!