Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The feeder mice chapter has ended. Much more humanely than you may have imagined. Although, if you WERE imagining a gruesome death for 2 poor, defenseless, charitable, well-educated rodents, I don't want to know.

I did post them on craigslist. My posting was flagged. Some bleeding heart apparently didn't like it that some people have snakes for pets and gasp! actually feed them. But before it was flagged, I got a bite. I also had someone interested in the mice...

Anyway, a chick with pink hair and piercings (yes, I was thrilled!) came and got them. We were both happy with our own end of the deal and the book has been closed on the mice saga.

Pink Hair did leave me her number though, so if I call her to buy baby mice, you'll be the first to know.

In other pet news, just in case you're still reading this post, my dog is psycho. Apparently the rabbit is too. What's with my pets being psychotic? Wait! Don't answer that...

So the dog chases shadows. I researched it and found that he's just being neurotic. He spends too much time alone or something. We took him to a doggie therapist and she diagnosed him with OCD. He's constantly washing his hands in the toilet and checking to make the sure his crate is locked.

Starting with we took him to... lies, all lies...

So, I can't think of a way to segue into anything else interesting, so bye now!

9 comments:

Rebekah said...

My black lab is totally neurotic. My basset hound just went AWOL, and I'm in Utah and can't look for him. It makes me sad.

Charlotte said...

But I'm sure a doggie therapist would do him so much good!

I'm glad you've gotten rid of your mice and I hope you enjoyed being flagged, it really should be a badge of honor or something.

ucmama said...

Bekah, does your hound have tags? We lost Rowlf when we went to GA but it had James' GA # on the tag. He (Rowlf, I mean)just ran off to visit a lady dog down the road from Cheryl. It scared me though since he's a 90lb boxer who's the same color as a deer and it was bow season. This response makes me sound kind of redneck doesn't it?

Charlotte, If I had extra money for therapy, I think I should probably use it for myself. just sayin'...

And I'll take that flagging as a badge of honor. It makes me think of a merit badge I could sew on a Mommy Scouts vest.

Charlotte said...

If you had extra money for therapy it would, of course, be best spent on lots of chocolate. I like the idea of a mommy scout vest. Maybe I will develop it into a post...

Mom/Grandmomma said...

Examples of badges, for the Mommy Scout vest:

1. Surviving your child's first trip to the hospital.
2. A badge for holding a meeting with the school principal, county head over the school dept. of transportation, and your children's school bus driver regarding the bus driver's unfair treatment of your child and WINNING. The driver was transferred to another route!
3. Surviving the mini-stroke because you're at work and received a call from your child that there is a burning hand towel, in the kitchen sink.
4. Surviving the 2nd mini-stroke because you're at work and received a call from a different child that they've used the hose to ice over the front porch and now they're swinging and then leaping off of the porch swing to slide across the front porch.

(insert additional badges here)

An entire blod could be done on this!

Nobody said...

Holy crap. The lies paragraph had me in tears. You are one funny, albeit somewhat crazy, girl.

ucmama said...

Charlotte, please do develop it. You could do it better'n anyone!

Mom, How about,
- changing a record number of diapers in one hour
-being in active labor for more than one day
-having to quiet a very loud, very inquisitive child at church when they ask about bodily functions

the list goes on and on...

Nobody, me being crazy and loud should bring you comfort. It's always the quiet ones who go berserk.

E said...

so should there also be one for surviving your child's 12th visit to the emergency room?

Mom/Grandmomma said...

I think I just drank a bottle of brandy after that E!