Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Weird News Wednesday

I know y'all have been craving one o' these. Here ya go.

Even though most of our country only eats a few different types of fruit and veg, (think apples, bananas, oranges, corn, peas, etc) there are actually people out there with enough time to create new veggies. Now, I'm all for new blends. The world wouldn't be the same without the broccoflower, right?. But seriously, why? WHY? would you think there's a huge consumer niche just waiting for you to cross kale and brussel sprouts?

just gross...

I'm so glad scientists have time and grant money on their hands. Austria has decided to scrap their latest endeavor, however. I don't really understand why they thought burying pigs in avalanches WASN'T a good idea. What's up with that?

Of course, you don't have to have tons of money or the government behind you to have an innovative/psychotic idea though. Anyone with a lot of time on their hands, like say 10-20 yrs, can come up with something new. Like tattooing the whites of your eyes, for example.

What? You don't think that's a good idea? Yeah, me neither. But if you want people to pull their children away from you quickly as you walk past, or look unique, whatever, there are some sweet new contact lenses out there. I think the teeth one is my favorite.

Go, look, read, marvel.

4 comments:

Carrot Jello said...

EW!!!

Charlotte said...

Can't they figure out a way to cross chocolate and peanut butter into a plant I can grow in my backyard? That is the direction evolution needs to head, not more veggies. Yuck!

I think the protesters should volunteer to be buried alive for the study so the pigs can be saved.

The tattooing eyes video had been removed. :( I wanted to see the blue eyed guy.

I loved the first contacts page (even though they needed some grammar lessons in the descriptions). The other ones would be hilarious! I'd love to show up at parent teacher conferences with those and see what happens.

E said...

what???? you dont think inventing new veggies is good..... you dont want to know what a rutacarrot tastes like?

ucmama said...

Carrot, did you just say ew!?

Charlotte, I bet you can find the video somewhere. I would pay you to go to a conference all weirded up. Save the Pigs!!!

E, I'd probably lick it, sure! Of course, I lick a lot of things. But I don't know if I'd want to eat a whole one. I don't really need to be anymore genetically altered than I already am.