Tuesday, February 02, 2010

warning: gritty post

I'm sure some of you noticed that I didn't go to church for the last several months. I'm sure you've wondered why. But only a handful of people actually asked me how I was doing or what I've been up to. I've been dealing with family issues from every side. My family, my extended family, James' extended family...

I'm cynical right now.

So, as immature as it may have been, I deleted a lot of people from my facebook profile. I narrowed it down to family and close friends. That means that most of the people from church are no longer "connected" to me on facebook. If I un-friended you, deal with it.

I am in more pain right now than I have been in a long time. I'm working on it. I know I will get through it. If you've been supportive of me and my family, I thank you. I truly appreciate it because I know how hard it is to keep a family together AND extend yourself to others at the same time. It's exhausting.

I don't fault anyone for not going out of their way to call or stop by. If you have, then I thank you. If you didn't, I understand that everyone has their own priorities. It's OK. But if I don't reach out right now, don't take it personally. I'm fairly private about what I'm feeling.

What I need is prayers. If you call and I don't answer, it's because I'm conserving my energy. I realize this post is heavy and possibly full of contradictions but it's hard to organize my thoughts.

I don't know what I want to come from letting all of you know a small part of what's going on, but I needed to get it out.

9 comments:

Jenny P. said...

Whatever it is, I hope you make it through. Will definitely send some prayers your way...

logan said...

Love you! Will be praying for you and wishing you the best. XO.

Mrs Andy said...

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. I know I have felt similarly many times.

I wouldn't feel too bad about deleting church people from your facebook. I've done that recently as well. I see you at church, that's enough for me, I need my space.

I hope things are better for you soon. :)

Carrot Jello said...

Aw man, I'm sorry.
((you))
I'll say a little prayer for you.

p.s.
I love this music.

Rebekah said...

I didn't know things were so rough for you right now. I just took it for granted that you were hella busy with everything. I love you! If you want me to come up to visit you while I'm in GA, I'd totally make the drive for you if I can commandeer someone's car (or, more likely, my mom would come with me). But if you'd rather me not, I totally understand. I'm here for you if you need me :)

Charlotte said...

I thought you were just really busy with school, I've noticed you weren't around cyberspace a lot.

I wish we could go out to lunch. Someday. You'll need a vacation to New England, right? Because I've done North East Missouri and I'm 95% sure I don't need a vacation there anytime soon.

I'm thinking I need to write a longer less sleep deprived note. So check your email tomorrow.

Leah said...

You are in my thoughts. I hope you feel the love....

Eve said...

I love you Michelle, wish I lived closer. I can't very well judge you under these vague circumstances... Just Kidding!! You could murder someone and I... well, that might not be the best example, so don't ever tell me if you do, but call me... call me, call me... any, any time... call me

ucmama said...

Thanks MommyJ, Logan, East of Eden, and Carrot, the prayers and love are appreciated. Things are looking brighter and healthier.

Bekah, when I win the lottery, I'll buy you pretty things, and a plane ticket to visit me.

Charlotte, I always love a visit to New England. Maybe Fall? I want to see the leaves...

Leah, I do.

Eve, I would NEVER tell you if I murdered someone. I love to accessorize, but not like that.