Wednesday, February 10, 2010


I'm feeling better. It helps that my children are quirky. Meet the Hamster, if you haven't already. He's 4.



the Hamster, very close to my face while I'm zipping his coat: Mom! I eated aNOTHER cookie.
me: How many were you told you could have?
the Hamster: one, but I really couldn't helped it

**********************************
the Hamster: I'm feeling feev-il.
me, wondering if it was a combo of evil and say, furry?: What are you saying?
the Hamster: feevil, you know tired. And a lil' sick
me: You feel feeble? You realize you're only 4, right?
the Hamster: Yeah, I'm feevil of only being 4.

**********************************
the Hamster also says nesterday instead of yesterday. Since he's my last baby, I have an internal struggle over whether to correct it, or to let it ride and enjoy the sweetness. I could use the sweetness...

8 comments:

E said...

huh, i would have thought fever.... I love my little hamster!:-)

Holly Kolvig said...

Michelle Hamster looks like you!!!! He is so cute It has been a looooong time since Dale and I have "seen" him or any of you guys. We miss you! Know we are thinking of you all and praying too. (((hugs)))

Charlotte said...

I love this age. "feev-il" was adorable. I don't think would have been able to decipher it, though.

ucmama said...

E, he actually says fe-vah for fever. And he loves you too! Especially when you carry him piggy-back down mountains :)

Holly, I'm glad that time and distance don't stop our families from still being close. We miss y'all too.

Charlotte, it's all contextual. You have to know where your kids are going with their conversations. You have weird kids, so you get it. I mean interesting, intelligent, quirky... Did I say weird? What I really meant to say was weird.

Mom/Grandmomma said...

I believe the phrase is "clever."

When did my baby's hair get sooo dark?

Charlotte said...

I never call my kids weird. I prefer "freak". And I'm sometimes forced to make the older kids translate for me because I can't even get it in context. As you can see I'm an excellent mom!

Eve said...

ohhh, i was really hoping he meant evil- in the cutest way possible ;)

ucmama said...

Mom, of COURSE it's clever! And that's not sarcastic AT ALL!

Charlotte, I like the term freak. And do you make them translate into different languages too? That would be a little weird. Sorry, I mean freaky.

Eve, he only says evil when we talk about you. EVE-il!