Monday, June 29, 2009

Things I've did in the past week...

I spent a day watching most of the little boys at Cub Scout camp beat on each other while my son borrowed a magnifying glass to watch a caterpillar crawl a tree.

I got a ferocious sunburn at said camp.

I went to bed before 8PM that night.

******

I sent my little girl to GA on a big plane all by herself for a week. Don't worry, she's not spending her week in ATL alone, my mother picked her up from the airport - thanks Mom!

I cried because I miss her.

******

I spent 10 hours over the weekend scraping lead paint off of 15 windows in the house we're buying. I spent another 2 hours repainting them.

I was simultaneously pissed and thankful that we are buying a house that was foreclosed upon.

We found 6 baby bunnies in the backyard at the new house.

I convinced my kids that the babies were better off with their mother than with us. This was rather selfish on my part, since I had no desire to wake up every few hours to try to feed baby rabbits with a ridiculously small dropper bottle.

******

We celebrated 8 years of Pickles being here on Earth as part of our family with a cookout at the park. He had a blast, I had a hamburger.

I turned 31.

Yep, we share a birthday.

******

gotta go finish a 10-page take-home exam, so I'll be back later!

3 comments:

Eve said...

NOOOOOOO!!!!! Happy late birthday Michelle! Hey, I didn't forget, the sunburn I got just wouldn't let me tell you on time. I love you!

Becky said...

What a blast to share a fun birthday! We love both you guys! Your house is amazing and I love it tons! All that blood, sweat, pain, cursing, expletives, etc... are going to be worth it in the end!!!
If you need more help, let us know! Unskilled labor is the best!

logan said...

I like your week!! much more eventful than mine.

and I'm impressed you could convince all 4 of your kids that the bunnies were better off with their mommy. That takes skillz...

Love! Happy Birthday!!