Saturday, September 13, 2008

Dear Anonymous Lady at the Dermatology office,
I have a hard enough time relaxing while waiting for another human to remove part of my body (a mole, but still...) without having to listen to you, repeatedly and loudly, describe how your wound was blistering and weeping under your bandage to whoever was unfortunate enough to be on the other end of your cell phone. GROSS! The MAN also seems to have this problem. He doesn't realize how loudly he talks when he's on his cell phone. Sometimes I let my phone go dead on purpose. I also love caller ID. You know how sometimes you wonder why I don't answer my phone when you call? It's because I don't feel like talking to you. Nothing (too) personal, I'm just kind of an introvert and I'm also pretty busy most of the time. I'll call you back soon, I promise. Another thing about that dermatologist's office - easy listening music is ALWAYS better than whatever local station plays modern country! It's really hard to focus on anything besides scalpels in your skin when your listening to crappy music. I'm sure not everyone even notices the music playing in dr's offices, restaurants, stores, etc., but I do. I always notice what songs are playing. And bad country sucks. So anyway, the MAN and I have differing opinions on cell phone etiquette. I don't ever answer my phone when I'm with a real person, unless it's the babysitter and the MAN and I are out on a date. What I'm saying is, it has to be pretty durn important for me to interrupt the real live person I'm spending time with, to answer the phone. The MAN answers every time. EVERY time. Why? Why? I think it's rude. What do you think? How do you feel about annoying cell phone technology?

quick funny kid story:
Thing 3 moaned the other day in the car...
"When am I going to lose a tooth? I keep not brushing my teeth and I still have them all?! I want the tootth fairy to visit me!!!"

3 comments:

Olivia Meikle said...

I could not agree more! Why, why, WHY do people feel the need to answer their phones all the time! Or even have them ON! My mom was at a funeral where a woman's phone rang, played popeye the sailor man, and she ANSWERED IT! At a FUNERAL! What is wrong with our society!?!

My dad starts conversations with women who are sitting at a restaurant table, with their husband on his cell phone talking business. He just walks up and starts talking to them, and when the man looks at him weird, says something like, "Oh, I'm sorry! I just thought someone should be talking to your wife while you were out on a date." and walks away.

I'm with you! Turn the cursed thing OFF!

dancin' momma said...

I do the same with my phone. i'm not a fan of talking on the phone in general...So it's better to ignore a phone call, rather than answer and be crabby...right?

Eve said...

now you know why I never answer your call...j/k, ha ha ha. My phone never works in the house... or does it and I just tell people it doesn't, hm? Man I miss you! Yeah, I got those clothes. Thanks, Erick looks cute in them already. There is this Japanese restaurant that plays classic rock with an oriental flare. I love it and quiz Adam every time we're there. "Tiny Dancer" was the last one I remember.