Tuesday, September 30, 2008






James and I had a hankering for hot wings Sunday night. I'm growing several different kinds of hot peppers in our "garden", so out I went to pick a few. I've been told that the meaner you are, the hotter your peppers are, and I wasn't really that nice this summer, so it must be true. I ended up using habaneros, jalapenos, chilies, hot wax peppers, and several insanely hot tiny peppers that I grew from seed and can't remember what kind they were. I have NEVER in my LIFE had wings this hot! I will NEVER eat wings this hot again! I could only handle 3. But I'm pretty proud of that because James only ate 3 also, and he drinks hot sauce for fun. I rubbed my eye this morning and it still burned from the oils on my fingers. I can't wash this HOT off. I have prolly washed my hands 50 times since Sun. night and I can't get rid of it. I still have some sauce left. I put it in a glass jar because I was afraid it would eat through anything else. So, if anyone would like to try it, let me know, otherwise I'll be calling Hazmat later to take it out to the middle of the desert to dispose of it...

5 comments:

Eve said...

Michelle Piper picked a peck of peppers. It looks very interesting, but I can sense the HOT from here. It's pretty too.

Olivia Meikle said...

Me, me, me! I want it! Yum.

Eve said...

Check out the mural I put on Rachel's wall for Sarah.

Rebekah said...

Maybe try soaking your fingers in icy milk for a while? It really does take a while, but it might take some of the hot out.

And I agree with Eve. Very pretty hot sauce. And no, I would not like to try it. I'll just take your word that it was really hot. The fact that James only ate three wings intimidates me.

Anonymous said...

just testing something :)