Monday, April 13, 2009

Hello loyal reader,

I haven't posted in awhile. It wasn't to punish you or anything. (Ok, maybe a little) I've just been swamped. My brain has been filled with anatomical terms and the process by which x-ray machines work, and less with what to post here.

So I need to get a few Easter pics up for all the relatives. Contrary to what my mom thinks, I do actually feed Bud. He's just our skinny baby, that's all. (There I go labeling...)

We had a really lovely Easter Sunday. The kids woke us up at 6:30AM. We sent them back to their rooms to read a book or somethingIdon'tcarewhatyoudorightnowbecauseit'stooearlyforgoodnesssake!

At 8AM, we finally relented, since we needed to get up and go to church anyway. The Easter Bunny brought new Spring jammies, new crocs, and a new book, with a little bit of candy. He also left a note, telling the kids to remember what Easter is really all about, and to obey their parents. What a wise, wise rodent that Easter Bunny is.

I got to take a nap after church. I would pay to be able to take naps. I love sleep. One of my favorite places in the world is my bed. I'm getting a little tired just writing this...

Then we went to a friend's house for Easter dinner. She made a raspberry/lemon cake with homemade butter cream icing covered in almonds. Normally, I'll take chocolate anything and leave the lemon alone, but this was amazing!

Then we came home, applied new bandaids to various boo-boos, put the kids to bed, and James and I watched a movie.

What a nice peaceful day.

Now I have to go study, since I chose to hold my kids weekend, rather than memorize the entire ciruclatory system of the body. But Tuesday comes too quickly...

5 comments:

M.Howerton said...

I want to know why the bunny didn't leave a note for my kidlings to remember to obey the parents. DAng it- I dislike it when we get a disgruntled bunny rabbit.

So glad you had a good Easter. I am however very sorry I missed that delicious sounding lemon raspberry calorie thing.
Can't wait to see the amazing pictures.

Elise C Later said...

Is "full of anatomical terms" code for something fun (and risque?) or just boring old school? And I want to know how to get in good with the Easter bunny.

Charlotte said...

That last comment was made by me on my daughter's account. I knew letting her start a blog would have some repercussions...

Becky said...

Love the post! Sorry you haven't been in the mood for posting. I've missed you!
Sounds like a nice Easter and tons of studying to do!

ucmama said...

Mama H - wish we could have shared Easter, but glad we have NOT shared all the tropical diseases and whatnot y'all have over at your place.

Charlotte - just boring old school. And I hope no creepy weirdos follow to your daughter's blog from here. But are fun weirdos ok?

MCHD - miss you too, we will have to get the kids together now that it is warmer (for now anyway)