Saturday, April 18, 2009

With apologies to Jeff Foxworthy...

I might be a Redneck because:

1. I've traded a truckful of firewood for 2 goats
2. I've written "Happy No More Probation Day" on a cake in icing (It wasn't for James, Mom)
3. I've taken an off-roading ride to try to get labor started
4. I've hunted snipes
5. I shot a rifle before I was 10
6. I was pregnant at the same time as my mother-in-law (which also might just mean I'm Mormon)
7. I'm related to someone named LuAnn (who also has 3 personalized license plates with her name on it)
8. I have killed fire ant piles with gasoline, many times
9. I have burned Christmas trees in the backyard, many times
10. I have swum naked in a creek, as an adult
11. I have used an M-60 (not the gun, the firework) to clear out a toilet
12. I've set up lawn chairs to watch possible tornadoes
13. I've camped outside without a tent
14. I've driven my truck across rivers
15. I've tubed down rivers several times
16. At times, I crave Waffle House
17. I used to hang out a house belonging to a guy called Hoss
18. I've eaten kudzu in several different dishes
19. I used to wake up to the sound of roosters every morning
20. I've tasted moonshine

You may have heard of a couple of these before, and there are probably many other things I've forgotten, but that's all y'all get today.

For the record, my mother is NOT a redneck. She would probably want me to clarify that.

8 comments:

Charlotte said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
M.Howerton said...

Your my favoritess red neck if that is any consolation.


and #2 is the BEST!!! Thanks for doing that by the way.

Ok - only kidding. Maybe.

rychelle said...

Seriously hilarious. I have to say I fit a few but not all! But hey, what would be the fun in everybody being redneck!

Eve said...

Hoss is so cool! I ran into him the other day and he doesn't remember the burn mark that I accidentally gave him... I was just curious if he did.

Olivia Meikle said...

Thanks for clarifying for me the M60 again. Matthew still laughs about that.

Mom/Grandmomma said...

Thank you, for the clarification dear.

Becky said...

Oh, rednecks make the world go round! We know that rednecks make this world great! I have to say ditto on a few!
Thanks for sharin'!
PS Love #2!

Charlotte said...

1st of all, somehow I commented and subscribed to this post without having seen or read it. How is that possible? Maybe one of my kids? They did text my husband at work the other day. Unfortunately they can't spell yet.

2nd, I'd forgotten about snipes. My kids are at a good age to start hunting them, so thanks for the reminder.