Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Just a heads-up

There are two "confirmed" cases of swine flu in IA.

I actually am kind of concerned about things like this. It does worry me that a virus could disrupt normal life so much. possibly anyway.

What would I do if there were cases round these parts? Would I keep the kids home from school? Would I stay home from school? James' and my schooling is awfully expensive to just take a week or three off.

We have enough food to last several months. Enough fuel to cook it. Not enough water.

Enough sanity? I don't have enough sanity now...

So I will wait until the govt tells me what to do.

Yeah right!

I will make my kids' health a priority. If I feels like it gets to the point where the flu is a dangerous threat, I will do what I need to do to protect them. I'd rather deal with bureaucratic issues after the fact, than spend several weeks camped out next to a hospital bed with my sick kid. Or worse...

So stay safe everybody.

No licking doorknobs, shopping cart handles, or toilet seats.
No kissing pigs.
No eating garbage.
No rubbing used tissues in your eyes.
No wiping your nose with others' toothbrushes.

got it?

good.






6 comments:

logan said...

such a party pooper. you know i love to kiss pigs!

just sayin'.
stay safe too.
xoxo.

Olivia Meikle said...

So many rules! How are we supposed to remember all that stuff? Sheesh.

M.Howerton said...

I'm with you on this. Sort of scares me. I have already decided that my kids health comes first.
I will have no problem keeping my kids at home with masks on. I'm just sayin.
At least they are closer to having drugs to help with this.
Thanks for being so positive and upbeat :)

Charlotte said...

I wish I had read this before I licked all the doorknobs today. I'm forwarding you a preventative measure picture (I've gotten it twice already so you've probably already seen it).

That being said, my husband (ED doc) met with state people yesterday and got a little freaked out. Normally we roll our eyes at these things. This time we stocked up on water and bought masks.

Becky said...

Not a lot to say... just stay healthy and buy some more water!
PS New Font is big! It surprised me!!!

Super Happy Girl said...

But eating garbage is a part of a balanced meal!
WAAAAAH!