Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A happy 85th birthday to my GrandDad! This man is partially responsible for my sense of humor. He told us wild tales of how things got their names, mixed up words on purpose, and generally encouraged us to be as silly as possible. He started life on a KY tobacco farm, was involved in business, including helping Arby's to become a huge company, and now lives in FL with my step-GrandNorma. We love you GrandDad!

Yesterday when I picked the kids up from school, Bud sighed and said he has too many girlfriends. That can be a problem I concurred. Then he said that he wasn't sure if Payton liked him that much but she kept giving him letters. Then he held up a piece of paper with A's drawn all over it.

You know, I enjoy Girl Scout outings so much more than Boy Scout outings. Boys' IQ's get lower in direct relation to how many boys there are. The more boys there are, the dumber they are. We took Pickles' troop out to a punkin patch last night. I had the Hamster with me too. Bud was going to go, but he didn't eat his dinner or behave, so he got uninvited. So it was dark and we took about 30 boys into the back fields to pick out a punkin each and eat hot dogs. We were in the middle of a bunch of corn fields (because this is IA and if you go a mile in any direction you will be in a corn field), and the boys were doing a maize maze. Then they all started hollering that they found a dead goat. Well, my response was "Don't touch it!" "Not with your hand, foot, a stick, or another Cub Scout!" Our leader's response was, it was probably a coyote or something that got it. Wait. What? So have fun boys! And watch out for coyotes!

I must say, mostly just in case she reads this, that we have a great leader :)


BTW, anyone who wants to order popcorn needs to give me a call/email so I can get it written down for Pickles. He's not on fire about it, but it would be a little sad if the only order on there was from his mama.

2 comments:

sarah said...

It is amazing how little sense 3 or 4 boys can have when they are all together!!

PS- I don't understand why the label for this post is "letters from girlfriends" hmmm.

ucmama said...

cause Bud's girlfriend gave him an A