Monday, October 20, 2008

Just because I tell the kids I'm making soup for dinner and that it's kid soup so they should jump in the pot, James thinks I'm warping them. I say I'm teaching them to be creative thinkers. Why, just yesterday the boys were arguing about what you were if you were the last one there. Pickles said last one there was a rotten sonic and Bud countered with NO, last one there is a wet potato. So just because they think I'm magic and can change traffic lights from red to green, and just because I describe smells with incredible detail (i.e. a dead skunk that's been dipped in gasoline), or just because I tell them that being alone upstairs is nothing to be afraid of because if there are ACTUALLY monsters up there, you are not actually alone, their dad thinks they may need therapy later. hmmmph!

5 comments:

sarah said...

I totally forgot to tell you that when I was taking your kids to school, they went on and on about how you are magic and can make lights turn green. No- you really can. You just put your hand like a gun and say "pow". And EVERY time it works. You are magic.

Olivia Meikle said...

My cousin could make the rain stop for a few seconds whenever we were driving on the interstate--it was totally amazing.

My dad says EVERY kid needs therapy later, so you may as well give up now. Although this is the man that told me soy sauce was cockroach spit and ruined Chinese food for me for a good fifteen
years . . .

ucmama said...

I can also tell if they're lying by making them stick out their tongues ;P

Eve said...

I made my little sister believe that I could talk to stingrays. And my mom told a little girl, I would say friend but mom was so mean to her, that she could control lightening during storms.
You can create images and pictures on canvas and pretty much anything, that's magical.

Anonymous said...

I tried the whole "monsters will keep you company" bit. It sooooooo did not work with my ninnies, er, I mean, children.

I got called on the whole "eyes on the back of my head" and "seeing through walls" business when Bo was three. THREE. It doesn't go well with being lazy. I called from the couch, "Booooo, what are you doing?" He answered, "Why don't you just look the wall and see for yourself."