Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Old Fogey-ness

James and I called the po-po the other night on some neighbors for a noise complaint. They were filling the streets, literally since we live across from a college, and shouting profanities into the wee hours. I have no problem with folks wanting to get their groove on, it's the Libertarian in me, but when someone is pontificating loudly and profusely about the lineage of someone else's mother, in the street, at 2 AM, then I feel I must take action. Party all you want till midnight, then take it inside people! I got stuff to do in the mornings, hear?

Also, today is Bud Appreciation Day. He's been having a rough time in kindergarten, so today we are celebrating his Bud-ness. We're all going to write in his journal (I keep journals for each kid) about how much we love him. He gets to pick the dinner menu and then we're going for a walk and to get ice cream. When we told him last night that he could choose fun things to do for his special happy happy day, he asked if he could do the laundry by himself! We should have Bud Appreciation Day more often!

4 comments:

Olivia Meikle said...

Every day can be Bud Appreciation day at my house if you want. I have lots of laundry for him to do. (If he's really good, I'll let him clean the bathrooms.)

Anonymous said...

That is pretty dang funny. Do you act like laundry is the joy of your life when you do it?

I need to keep journals...that's a good idea.
That way, when my kids are older and have children, they can all know the lineage of their mother.

ucmama said...

laundry IS the joy of my life!

Eve said...

Who knew? You just give a kid a "day" and he'll make you proud.