Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Sorry, nothing funny about this post...
Do you think that perhaps voting for Obama now and having him put in fours years would be good in the long run? I think that most of you know that I feel a lot more Libertarian than Dem or Republican, so I'm not really for McCain but I think the Dem's candidate right now has some dangerous ideas. Explaining on a world stage exactly when he'll pull troops out, or which countries he's likely to go after is not a very safe thing to do. It will NOT make the rest of the world like us better. They're not going to like us anyway. So if Obama's in there for 4 years, there's not really much he can do with the economy that would turn it around enough while he's the C-in-C. Having him in charge will weaken the military. It will make more people dependent on the govt and burden the wealthy with tax increases. The wealthy people create jobs, btw. Taxing them is not going to encourage them to do anything except work less. On the other hand, McCain isn't that great a choice either. He also supports a natl healthcare plan, he just doesn't call it that. He mentioned last night in the debate that he'd like to give people/small businesses credits towards healthcare. All that means, my dear taxpayer, is that you still have to pay for it by way of tax increases, but that it gets filtered through the govt before you can use your own money!!! Between laughing at the candidates proposals and jabs last night and feeling furious and frustrated at their plans for our country, I'm more upset about this election than ever. Do you really believe that Obama representes change for the good? I most definitely believe that things will change if he becomes pres, and honestly I think he will be elected in Nov (sorry Dad). But I don't think it will be a change for the better. He may be able to make us slightly more popular in the world's view, but should we care that much about what other people think of us? Of course, it would be good if people stopped wanting to bomb us. Will McCain's possible presidency really be all that different from Bush's? Probably, since he's such, ahem, a maverick. Maybe I'll just vote for Sassafras, she's an excellent diplomat...

I hope this made at least a little sense...

2 comments:

The Crochet Faerie said...

id totally vote for sassafras... i wrote her a letter yesterday, gonna send it with her card:-)

Rebekah said...

I'm so discouraged about this year's elections. I hates them all. It's really disappointing when you can't pull for someone you really believe can make this country better. Actually, that's kind of an understatement. It's frustrating because I'm not motivated to vote for anyone, but I know I should vote for who I feel sucks less. It doesn't make me feel good about it, though.

Also, this is a humorous site:
http://www.obamacures.com/