Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Dear Christian Bale,

This is very difficult for me to write.

I'm breaking up with you.

You've been my movie boyfriend ever since I saw you in Empire of the Sun in the theater in 1987. You made my heart flutter in Swing Kids and Newsies. I swooned for you in Little Women. I loved you in A Midsummer Night's Dream. I even watched Reign of Fire although it wasn't really that good. You were my favorite Batman. Anyway, my sexy (ex)boyfriend Christian, you have just become too much of a bully. I recently heard audio of you berating a lights guy on the set of one of your movies. I had to turn it off! And then go wash my ears! This is the last straw Christian. You've been too mean for too long. I've heard rumors that you are difficult on set, but I didn't want to believe. But the writing is on the wall now. This can't go on any longer.

I can't, in good conscience, have imaginary children with you anymore. I'm afraid they'll turn into imaginary grown-ups who kick their dogs or something. You're just not a good imaginary father figure anymore.

So we must part ways, movie boyfriend. No, no! Don't cry! Or cuss! Or yell at/beat the imaginary hired help!

I'll probably still watch Terminator 4. But my heart won't flutter.

It's over,

Michelle



Oh, and if you could not tell James that I've had a crush on you for 20 years, that'd be great.

11 comments:

M.Howerton said...

Thank you so much! I love it! I really needed this!

I used to have a "list" of un-attainable famously rich people that if ever given the chance I would marry in a second, so I understand.

If you need a shoulder to cry on, while you mourn your imaginary break up, I am here for you.

Oh, and as long as you bring plenty of chili chocolate :)

dancin' momma said...

Ha! I was just talking to Liz about my lifelong crush on him when I read about his little tantrum. What a sad day...

Eve said...

You can just share my TV boyfriend with me, John Cusack, although he has been rather R-rated in the past, he has made some very nice tear jerkers lately!

Unknown said...

I can't bring myself to break up with him. His voice is just too sexy for me to be disappointed by his rant. Sure, he gets a bit too intense sometimes, but he's an artist. I have to take the good with the bad.

ucmama said...

H in IA - anytime! but don't forget the chocolate

dancin momma - it IS sad :(

Eve - you can keep ol' John. He still looks exactly the same as he did in One Crazy Summer. (but thanks anyway :))

Ivie - His Bruce Wayne voice? or Batman voice? and I guess I should have known when I watched Equilibrium and American Psycho. Those steely eyes. But I loved him BECAUSE he's dark. Ok, I have to stop talking about him or I may just take him back!

Becky said...

Resist the temptation!!! Don't take him back! You deserve a dark man who is hot and not an abuser!!!
I had to clean my head out as well after hearing the rant! I hate that people think they are so much better than others. Tired of that. I am getting pretty burned out of Shmollywood at the moment! They can all go rot!
PS Love him in Newsies, Swing Kids, Little Women, and everything, too. BUT, resist!!!

Unknown said...

His Howl voice in "Howl's Moving Castle". If you haven't seen that movie, it's a must.

Anonymous said...

This letter is hilarious. I read it before I heard the audio of his tirade. What a jerk.
But this letter to him makes it all worth it, for me.

I mean. I'm sorry for your loss.

Olivia Meikle said...

What? WHAT? Why do you have to taint my Christian Bale dreams! Why do you think I moved here--it was to have the media censorship filter out all the unhappy and upsetting world events for me! You know, wars, racism, Newsies boys ruining my childhood fantasies . . .

Thanks a lot. Man!

Anonymous said...

I think Ill take Johnny Depp as my imaginary boyfriend..... oh sorry.... was imagining... mmmmm

ucmama said...

I haven't seen that one Ivie, but I'll put it in my Netflix queue