Saturday, March 21, 2009

Goings On
James and I went to the Nauvoo temple today. I forgot it was a tourist destination because it is the temple we're supposed to go to. This means I also forgot that you have to reserve a spot for the sessions. My friend, Mama Howerton, watched the kiddos so James and could go together. Normally we drive down with all of them, and then trade off. So we rarely get to go through together. It was beautiful. The weather was perfect. The temple is amazing.It had been far too long since James and I had been to the temple, so it was very much needed.

*******************************
We still don't know where we need to live.

*******************************
Bud yells bizarre things at inappropriate times. Example: I have heard several times in the last few days "I'm a professional!" coming from the bathroom, his bedroom, and the back of the truck.

******************************
I accidentally cut Hamster's hair off. I cut the older boys' hair this morning. Hamster was last. I trimmed the back. I turned him around to do the front. He ducked, I gapped him. BAD! He had a reverse mohawk through his sweet little curls. I almost cried. He won't look at himself in the mirror. He's nearly unrecognizable. James and I named his hair, Eugene. We would joke that Eugene had such a big personality, that we had to feed it special food, and that we had to make sure not to make it angry. Weird, I know, but funny. Trust me. Well, Eugene is no more. RIP Eugene, RIP...

******************************
Pickles had his Pinewood Derby last week. Last year, he was out in the first race. Needless to say, he cried. That's one of Pickles' super powers - the ability to cry in any given situation. So we had a pep talk about not crying. Even if he was the first one out. He wasn't the first one out this year, but he didn't win anything. He cried. We went out for ice cream. What else can you do? He also had his acting showcase. He played the prince. He kind of had to, since he was the only boy in a class with 8 girls.

******************************
Sassafras is still obnoxious. But we love her anyway. Poor thing has a lot do deal with by being the oldest kid of two oldest kids. We've started a fund so she can get some really good therapy later.

******************************
The kids start their Spring Break this week. Unfortunately, I don't have a break. So they are going to stay with this cool lady and her kids during the days. I promised them we would have an awesome mom/kid day on Friday (when I don't have class) if they would behave during the week. Behaving means not telling each other to shut up, stupid. Or use various materials to build weapons of small amounts of destruction.

******************************

5 comments:

M.Howerton said...

you forgot idiot. Idiot is a part of behaving. I however did not know that. so it was allowed. Naughty, naughty me.

I too will miss Eugene- BTW - FRICKIN HILARIOUS that you named it. him. - is it IT? or him? hmmmm.

I still think Hamster is Adorable! it's almost impossible to think otherwise though.
You should post some pictures of his lovely frock named Eugene, and its last day spent on this lovely boys head. I believe you may have a few of those.

a moment of silence for Eugene.

Becky said...

The temple. I am so glad you guys got to go together! We usually have to switch off, too. But I love being there together!
I'm sorry you can't find a place to live. You can live in my basement! (0: Or another apartment over by Nobo and me!
Yeah, I hear weird things from Sessa every once in a while. I don't really know what they mean or why. I will have to post them when I hear them.
Oh, poor Hamster and poor Eugene. And poor ucmama! That is heartbreaking! But it will grow! Take heart!
Poor Pickles. What a super power! Hang in there.
Oh, obnoxious little children. I have no idea what that could be like... ok really, my therapist said that we just have to do the best we can, and save as much money as we can for their therapy later!
~Where is the therapy fund set up?
Yeah, Spring Break. Don't know what to do. We are going to swim for a couple of days and maybe visit some neighbors. It is a precursor for summer and how creative I am going to have to be! I wish you luck, please wish me luck!

Anonymous said...

im just wondering what hes a professional of????:/ .... i mean he is the one that wants to see dead bodies...

Eve said...

Small amounts of destruction, funny... Hey, Beccah and Cheryl and Mom and I had a great girl's night out tonight. We went and ate dinner and then talked till closing time. Lot's of fun-- We missed you though! Well, I did, I don't know how the others really think about you, hee hee.

ucmama said...

Mama Howerton - thanks for the pics, I'll put them up soon. And of course we named his hair! What? You don't name your kids' hair?

Curly - we should go down as families and trade off.

E - He's a professional Bud, and he's very good at it.

Eve - I know they love me *me sticking my tongue out at you*