Sunday, March 15, 2009

I was reading over the last few posts I wrote. Whatever, that is SO not narcissistic. Just because I made my own blog my home page...

So anyway, I sound pretty stinkin whiny. It's about to put me off my own blog. Since I can't take myself off my sidebar (don't look, it's not REALLY there), I figured I better post one that's a little more upbeat.

I took the kids to the St. Patrick's Day parade last Saturday. Sass ran in the 1-mile race beforehand. She didn't win, but since running with a bunch of other sweaty people is kind of its own reward, she didn't mind. She did get a t-shirt, so that was kind of cool. The parade is a bi-state parade. It starts in one state, crosses the bridge, and ends in our state. Pretty cool. We saw gorillas riding bicycles, big hairy guys with boobs and wigs(I had fun explaining that one later), different clans, green dogs. That was at Walmart where we stopped for snacks before the parade. At the parade...

I didn't take a camera, since I need a new one (ha!), but the friend we met down at the parade, took her camera. I actually think Mama Howerton has had her camera surgically attached to her arm, a la Edward Scissorhands. But as soon as she sends me copies of the pics she took, (hint, hint) I'll post them.

It was good to get out in the sunshine Saturday. Of course, since it got above freezing, everyone was out and about.

I'm really looking forward to warmer weather. It'll be exciting to get into a new place once we're done packing and moving. I'm not nearly as sick as I was. I think Spring is the cure for what I've got. Plus a new camera of course...

C'mon Spring. We're ready!

6 comments:

M.Howerton said...

you and I are totally on the same page. I just posted pics of the parade but was hesitant to put up any of your cute kids cause, well It's my blog. oh and well I wanted your permission first. So there is one with your kiddos, but the rest are mine and the funny crap, even your Mexican lucky charm or arm candy is there:)
And as far as the camera remark and having it surgically attached, I will take that as a compliment - thank you. (at least I was prepared)
Thanks for coming and hanging out with us- we had FUN!
P.S. I forgot about the big booby guys- hehehe that was awesome :)

Becky said...

What!? A Parade!????
People, I am new! When there is awesome stuff like big booby guys and gorillas on bicycles, I need to be told about it!!!
My kids need some culture! (0:
You are funny, ucmama!
PS Love the music! I just leave it open all day!

Anonymous said...

You NEED to live closer to your momma. I could pamper and pet you, when you don't feel well. My babies will always be my babies. Keep trying with the camera thing; however, it won't happen until June.

You aren't a bridesmaid from 850 miles away, you are a matron of honor! More pressure.

Eve said...

Where, when and why are you moving (to)? I wasn't sure why you were packing necessarily, I thought you might just need to free up some space by condensing stuff, lol.

Super Happy Girl said...

I thought I commented here...I would have bet some serious dough on it! I guess I was just lurking then.

Pictures!

Anonymous said...

lol i think moms comment is funny:-)