Wednesday, March 04, 2009

This one is for MelonHead and Curly

I was looking up different types of aprons to make for y'all. I'm going to get or make a pattern, but I want to know what design style appeals most to ya. I know MealonHead likes the retro look. What are you looking for Curly?

Here's what I found:
A really cute heart apron.

Obviously I wouldn't rip off this gal's style, but it definitely gives me some ideas. And y'all should go check out her other aprons/gloves/etc. They are GREAT!











This site has some awesome ones too.


She has a lot, but I especially like the full ones. And obviously I wouldn't rip off her style either. I don't know about y'all, but when I bake or cook, I make a mess EVERYwhere! I've cleaned batter off the ceiling before.












There are also some half aprons I really like too. I found one with a cupcake on the front, and one made with bordered panels.

I want to make it clear that the sites I browsed sell their own products. I wouldn't want someone checking out my stuff and then stealing the ideas that I developed. I was simply looking to be inspired, and I was!

So, ladies,
Full?
Half?
Retro?
Contemporary?
Ruffles?
No ruffles?
Color requests?
Pockets?
LOTS of pockets?

Let me know!

4 comments:

Becky said...

Full, retro, ruffles, and lots of pockets! All of the above.
So many colors that I love! I think that I just have to find the fabric that I love. That may be our best bet!
Sorry, I am difficult!
"Thank you for being a friend!" (from the best show evoh, "Golden Girls")

Rebekah said...

Full, retro, ruffles if ruffles are needed (sometimes an apron simply needs a ruffle or two, you know?), a pocket or two, red and white. And I'm totally drawn to that heart apron. I need to look hot while I'm baking. :)

dancin' momma said...

Those aprons are so cute! You need to teach me.
Also, this whole scholarship thing. The magic secret...being poor! I really don't know why they call it a scholarship when it's really just financial aid. But, it sounds so much cooler to say scholarship.

ucmama said...

I'll make some sketches and get back to you girls.

And I'll call you dancin' momma...