Sunday, March 29, 2009

I was going to title this post "Things that made my day weird". But then I realized that it's not necessarily the things that were weird (or any weirder than normal), but the overabundance of weirdness. It's Spring, and apparently weird was in bloom today.

Today I had to:

tell Pickles that it's most definitely NOT ok to bring handcuffs to church.

try to explain to my kids why incest was necessary for Adam and Eve's children.

explain patiently that James that playing water balloons with the kids in 40 degree weather with snow on the ground was a bad idea.

explain (not so) patiently to James to stop trying to talk to me while standing next to the computer with a water balloon in his hand.

clean Parmesan cheese out of my bra.

clean blue chalk off a child's face 5 times.

figure out what to take to my x-ray lab tomorrow.

play "What's that smell?" in the truck.

wash my hands like an OCD sufferer on crack after finding what that smell was.


How was your day? Any weirder than normal?

9 comments:

M.Howerton said...

you Win!!
I hope to never be able to top this list- seriously!
I did however have the same handcuff conversation as my lovely son also had his in his pockets in sacrament. Gotta love it!

I am a little curious as to the smell in the truck. I played that game once. Now I pay $10 once a month to The Simonz car wash place on Kimberly and have them clean my car for me- so much easier.

Charlotte said...

Wait, when are you going to list the weird stuff? Actually, I find myself all the time realizing the what I just said to my kids or my husband sounds rather bizarre. Especially if taken completely out of context.

Becky said...

From the mother of the blue-chalk faced child- Thank you!
Well, I had to explain PUFFY SLEEVES vs. HUGE BREASTS to a very brilliant teacher! (0:
That's pretty weird. Or more, funny!

Eve said...

Funny, but incest will NOT be necessary for my children... then I realized not every post is about ME.

Empress Of All Things said...

im just wondering after the second time of wiping off blue chalk... you just didnt ask the child if they were still gonna be playing with blue chalk, and if so to just come get me when they were done....

im very curious about the parm cheese in your bra

and thats sad on james part for the explanations... i thought better of him:-(

Thehereandnow said...

Funny... I need to start sharing weird stories from my family. I also need an audio recorder.

NOBODY said...

Oh Eve is FUNNY!

Okay, so, this list, while hilarious and very entertaining, Parmesan in the bra made me laugh out loud.

I don't know either.

Olivia Meikle said...

Hey, a girl in our branch was wearing handcuffs, both on one wrist, as a fashion accessory. Is this the new trend or something?

ucmama said...

Mama H - hmmm, I will have to check out that de-stinking place...

Charlotte - I like it when you post things, in context or not!

Curly - your sleeves are SO puffy ;P

Eve - ewwwwwww...

Empress - How do you know I didn't put the chalk on the kid? hmmm?

THandN - Yes you do, I will be waiting.

Nobody - Eve is funny, that's why I keep her around! And parmesan cheese in a bra is only funny when it's not you.

Super L - I miss you! And also, if a trend can be started by 2 seven-year-olds, then yes!