Monday, May 11, 2009

My mom:

loves traveling. I keep trying to convince her to be a travel scout.

loves musicals. She doesn't have to have music playing all the time like I do, but one of the best gifts for her is tickets to anything at the Fox in Atlanta.

loves her bling. If it's precious or semi-precious and set in gold, she's all over it.

loves her family. She will hop on a plane, as long as she has 2 hours notice to get through security, and go anywhere for anyone who needs her. And she has - often.

is very intelligent. Not only does she remember useless various trivia, she can figure out a tip before the bill flutters to the table. She's our go-to person for topics ranging from insurance, to fashion, to international relations, to etiquette.

hates the cold. She moved from PA to GA almost 40 years ago (am I in trouble for that?) and has never looked back. She refuses to visit us here in the Midwest before March, or after October. Unless we needed her, and then she's be here in about 4 hours.

I'll probably get in trouble for this one too, but, my mom has a dirty mind/mouth. She doesn't share it very often, and her filter between her brain and her mouth works much better than mine, but it's there. And it's quick.

is an amazing Grandmomma.

and many other things that will probably be blogged about at one point or another.

I love my mom. She's awesome. We share a sixth sense when it comes to phone calls. We are almost always holding the phone to call each other when the phone rings.

I know this post is kind of all over the place. I've been writing it for over an hour, because I've also been busy with being a mom to my kids.

So, as much as I'd like this post to be awe-inspiring and eloquent, just know that the sentiment is there, Mom, even if the intellect isn't.

4 comments:

Mom/Grandmomma said...

From one momma who unequivocally loves her children/grandchildren (including, of course, all of my daughters' friends and my friends' children - remember, we're in the south - they're my children also) to a wonderful, creative, funny and loving momma, I love you. Thank you darlin'. BTW, I don't know what you mean about my mouth ... merde.

Mom/Grandmomma said...

P.S. Today, you're my favorite. Shhhh ... don't tell the others.

Becky said...

There is nothin' like a momma! I sure love mine! Your's sounds awesome, too! Maybe someday we will meet!
My mom read my list and laughed and my little bro in Africa hooted and hollah'd!
Momma's ROCK! That includes you, ucmama!

Songbird Mama said...

hey michelle....I love what you said about your mama!
glad to be back in touch with you!