Sunday, May 17, 2009

Updates

Still waiting on news on the house. Apparently trying to buy a house in quasi-foreclosure takes longer than a...
than a...
longer than something that takes a really long time, that's what.

Sassafras's attitude has greatly improved this past week. Incidentally, the Wii wouldn't turn on all last week. Do I know anything about why the Wii wouldn't turn on? If I do, I'm not telling...

Pickles has told me everyday for the past week that after my sister's wedding next Friday, that he wants his hair cut into a mohawk. This will be his 3rd or 4th mohawk. He usually gets one at the beginning of the summer. After Memorial Day, you can wear white shoes again, people up north open their pools, and Pickles gets a mohawk. It's how we mark the seasons up hee-yah.

Bud has had a melt-down everyday this week. So Sass calms down with no Wii, and Bud needs it to calm down. That sounds like a really boring topic for a really boring research paper, no? The difference in boys and girls reaction to electronic stimuli. Or perhaps that one is better left unwritten...

Hamster has decided to expand his vocabulary. Unfortunately most of the new words are references to anatomy (he's the youngest of 4 and has 2 older brothers) and what that function of that anatomy is, but at least he's talking more.

I'm flying out Tuesday night with all 4 kids...alone...
James flies out Wednesday. He can miss less classes than I can, or that's what he tells me anyway. So say a little prayer Tuesday, that I won't go insane at the airport and be subjected to a strip search. I'll try very hard not to pretend my thumb and index finger are a gun. And I will valiantly resist making bomb jokes. But I can't promise I won't ask my children where their mother is if they misbehave.

That's all ya get tonight. I have to finish several assignments that are due while we're gone, that I have to turn in before we leave. And finals are coming up soon too. And I start a chemistry class before finals are outdone at one of the schools I'm attending.

aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh...................................

4 comments:

logan said...

and of course I'm giggling.

Can't wait to see you!

M.Howerton said...

We are going to miss you while you are gone and I know how you feel about taking all 4 on a plane by yourself. I was lucky mine were still little enough that benedryl worked :)
Come back quickly! oh and safe and stuff like that.

Becky said...

Survive the airport and enjoy the wedding!!!! What an awesome trip! Hang in there! Fly safe and try to come back to our fair city!
PS Can't wait to see the mohawk! One of my only missings of not having a boy! I LOVE mohawks!

Becky said...

Wedding, right?