Tuesday, May 05, 2009

What's up?

I haven't been around much. I've been rather busy.

I decided to go for the doctorate degree here at school, rather than just the technologist program. All y'all in GA don't need to worry though, because I will transfer to the school in ATL when James is done in about 2 yrs. I can start the program in November, after I finish 12 hrs of chemistry and 6 hrs of physics over the summer, along with 12 hrs of junior/senior level classes. Before you add them all up, I'll just tell you that will 30 credit hrs of classes in 5 months. That's actually less than James takes each trimester (4 mo.) here. I'm only taking 18 hrs right now, so that will add a bit more.

So, if this post is boring, it's just because my sense of humor is being slowly sucked from my brain as things like the entire lymph system is being shoved in. There's simply no room for funny in Anatomy and Physiology 2. Actually there is, but the professors prefer it if you don't make jokes about the cadavers in lab. Making references to forks and beef jerky are frowned upon when you're tracing the circulatory system in a dead body.

I also was out of town this past weekend. I went to Baltimore to a jewelry show with 3 of my moms (it's a southern thang), and 3 of my sisters. What? Michelle, I thought you only had 2 sisters? I do, one of those sisters is a soul sista. Here's something you may not realize about the South. Eventually everyone you know is related to you. By blood, or by 'adoption'. Your sisters-in-law become your sisters (unless you hate them, in that case, they remain your husband's sisters or your brother's wife), your nephews become your boys, or your close friends become your sisters/brothers, etc.

My kids have a Grandpa. He's actually my husband's sister's husband's father. Follow that? They also have Bubba (James' dad) and my dad (GrandDaddy), as well as various other dads who would claim me and James, and our kids as their grandkids.

I wonder if anyone has ever written a book trying to detail southern social customs... It would long I bet. And boring probably. Ok, never mind. How about you just keep reading this blog, and eventually I'll learn y'all a little sumpin sumpin.

See? I can't even keep a post running smoothly! I bet you were hoping to hear more about school, or the kids, or my trip to the East Coast to eat crabcakes, buy jewelry, see the ocean, and stay out till 2 in the morning wandering around, or something. Oh well!

3 comments:

NOBODY said...

So, we're pretty much sisters by now, right?

Did your mom know you were out wandering around at 2 am. Wait..she was with you. Nevermind.

I thought the (4 mo.) was "four more trimesters" rather than a definition for your non-Palmer friends.

My way is funnier.

Becky said...

Wow, you are not kidding that you are beyond busy at school! You are such a smarty! Sheesh!
I want to hear more about southern customs! I would buy your book! The furthest south I have been is the ATL airport. Nice, huh?
We are heading south over Memorial, we think. Friends in Kentucky! It's gonna be a blast!

Charlotte said...

I'm pretty sure my husband made jokes all the time in cadavar lab. They did have a strict "no taking body parts out of the lab for practical jokes" policy, though. It was actually instituted after an "incident" a few years before.