Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Twinkle Toes McTwinkleson


Saturday was Sassafras's dance recital. It has been 5 months of hating dance class to get to the recital. She loves recitals. This is the kid who asked to be a sheep in a play once so her only line would be BAAAAAHHHHHHH. So I don't really understand the fascination with being on stage only for recitals.

So the recital line-up included the usual players:

1. The little girl in pre-tap/ballet who couldn't keep her pants up. By the end of the routine, she was falling over her little glittered bloomers.

2. The little one who was supposed to be some kind of animal, but couldn't see through her mask, so she held it up. And tripped anyway.

3. The litte boy wearing a leopard print top and tight pants. In Jazz 2. Sass says he also has a bright pink DS. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

And Sass. In her blue webbed top over a brown tank (was supposed to be a black tank, was given a black one, I thought the black one was on her body, saw her wearing a brown one in the recital), and her black yoga pants that I hemmed an hour before the recital, she danced with all the enthusiasism that one Sassafras can muster. Which isn't an incredible amount usually. I'm not getting down on my kid, just statin' the facts, Ma'am.

So I made her up. Dance recitals, Mardi Gras, and dates are like the only time your 9 yr.-old kid can wear make-up right? It wasn't over the top, but it was some blush and lip gloss. She was thrilled! I was worried. I saw a few years into the future, and I must say, I didn't like it.

But I'm proud of her. So I'm doing what every proud mother does and putting up a video that only her Grandmomma would really want to watch. It won't hurt my feelings if you don't want to watch it. I don't usually watch videos of your kid either.



She's all the way on the left, Mom. But I'm sure you already knew which one was your baby, right?

7 comments:

Mom/Grandmomma said...

How many times may a grandmomma watch one of her babies excel? Not enough.

NOBODY said...

You know, I was all ready to watch Ms Sass in all her brown/black glory, until you said that sassy thing about videos of my kids.

Just for that, I'm only watching it once. Or 11 times. thppppp

Rebekah said...

Ben loved it. He was sad when it ended, but only until he saw something on my desk that he couldn't have. Then he was sad about that.

Eve said...

I love her timing... and hearing Hamster's little voice pointing her out!

ucmama said...

Nobo, of COURSE I watch Bo playing his violin every time. I didn't mean YOUR kids :)

Eve, Yeah, I was hoping I didn't say her name on the video. If I did, I don't think it was loud. Y'all didn't hear it did you?

Eve said...

No, I don't even remember if I heard it now. I just knew what Hammy was doing.

Becky said...

Love the movie!!!
There is nothing like a dance recital to bring out the inner diva/dancer! She did great! I could totally tell which one was her! (0:
And you better have watched that movie of Chach dancing at the museum on my blog! I posted it for you because besides me, you are one of the only women on this earth that really gets her!!!!!