Thursday, May 07, 2009

So...

I'm nervous about taking more hours of school this summer. I'm already feeling melancholy for all the hours I won't get to play with my kids this summer. I will be sitting in a classroom, while they are playing outside with a nanny. Hopefully it won't screw them up too bad. If it does though, I'll be a doctor, so I'll be able to afford a really good psychologist for them.

I've decided to put up a flier at a local university in the education department to see if I can get an ed. major to be the nanny.

Here's the flier. I haven't put it up yet. I wanted to ask what y'all thought and get some feedback.

Wanted – Nanny

If you can keep 4, um, high-spirited children safe and happy…Ok, it’s not that they’re naughty, really. They just have a very creative perspective on authority. And they don’t literally climb the walls…usually. Oh, and there are two dogs. Well puppies really. Only one is a BIG puppy. And one is very small.

OK. So here’s the deal. My husband and I are both students. That means we never see each other. Somehow we ended up with 4 children. They don’t have school this summer, but we do. We need a nanny to make sure our kids don’t hurt anyone. If you think you can keep the police from being called to our house, and if you can keep the kids from eating only contraband chocolate, and if you can play MarioKart for hours on end, then you’re the one we want.

What: Nanny-ing

When: 7/14-8/21, from 7:30a.m.-1p.m. Mon-Thurs
and 7:30-10:30a.m. Fridays

Where: Our house

Why: for $150/wk

Who: Michelle ***-***-****


Fine Print: Must have references. Would prefer an Education Major with CPR training. Will begin interviews after Memorial Day. Apply at your own risk.


Did I leave anything out? Did I say anything I shouldn't have? Is it weird? Thanks (in advance) for the feedback. Y'all are awesome. Even y'all who don't comment. And just...you know...lurk.

7 comments:

M.Howerton said...

Love it!!
That's not scary at all :)

Charlotte said...

I like the "they don't literally climb the walls...usually" That flier should get some interesting responses.

sarah said...

I would actually put their ages and maybe even mention that Sasafras is a big help.

Rebekah said...

I think it's great! Hopefully it will attract someone with a sense of humor, which they will definitely need. And hey, letting them know that Mariokart is available is always a plus.

ucmama said...

Thanks SAHM, that's a good idea.

Olivia Meikle said...

I think it's hilarious, and will pre-select for you the kind of person you want.

Maybe you should try the criminal justice dept too . . . :) Althought that might defeat the whole "keep the police from being called" thang.

Becky said...

Love it! Sorry for the need for a nanny. I know that's rough.
I think the flier is refreshingly honest. I would want to know what I was getting myself into!