Friday, November 14, 2008

GrandDad is a little more stable today. Still not great, but small victories are good too. My aunt is down in Fl with him and my GrandNorma, giving him lots of love. I sent flowers today. They were mostly for GrandNorma, since GrandDad appreciates the thought, but I picked pink cause Norma's a pink kind of lady.

So, I kind of need to write/talk about a few things that don't have to do with anyone's health. Just to keep mentally healthy, I need to find some laughter.

The other day, in the lab at school, we were looking at blood cells under the microscope. One clueless guy in my class, who is planning on being a doctor, asked how the cells mated. Blood cells! The teacher said, "uhhh...they're blood cells". "Yeah, but how do they reproduce?", asked Clueless Guy.

Also this week, I bought 60 rolls of toilet paper, 30 rolls of paper towels, 500 Ziploc sandwich bags, 500 gallon size, and 500 quart size bags for $183.10 and that included shipping from Amazon. It was from an office supply store, so I bought it in bulk. Also, it was name brand, because good toilet paper is a luxury I refuse to compromise on. Just so you know, that toilet paper is a 2-month supply, the paper towels will last about 4.5 months, and the bags will last about a year. Woo-hoo for me! It was even cheaper than Sam's and I got it delivered to my house.

I'm helping a friend paint her house. In return, which is unnecessary because I would have helped her paint for free but this sweetens the deal, she's trading me a deep freezer. she picked good colors, so it's even enjoyable. It really is hard to paint things if the color is bad.

I am pretty to sensitive to color. Being an artist, that's understandable I guess. You wanna know something weird about me though? I'm synaesthetic. I can "see" certain sounds. Like a high-pitched shriek from a kid in the backseat of a car is is sort of greenish-yellow. Or a door slamming is black and white tiny checks. Or several other combos that make my life interesting. It usually needs to be an unexpected noise. It's not like the whole world turns a different color, I just sort of see it behind my eyes inside my brain. Like I'm not weird enough right? But I've read a few things on it, and I listened to a radio program about it as well. My version is pretty mild. Some people have extreme cases of color-number type of things going on. I think it has to do with connections in the brain that are open in infants that usually close in adults. In infants, all the senses act together. If that continued into adulthood, we would go crazy trying to interpret all the input. So we separate it. Well in some people, these pathway stay open. Like in me. Cool, huh?

Well, I think this post is long enough...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, that's awesome that you are synaesthetic. When I learned about it, my one wish was to know someone personally who was. You have made my wish come true.

Reproduction Boy. That is a FUNNY story. Especially funny that he said, "I know" and ASKED AGAIN.

But anyway, how do they multiply? And replenish. And whatnot?

Eve said...

That's cool, cause I can see color from sound too. Maybe it's flashbacks... he he, just kidding. I'm sorry about your GrandDad. Do you know, when the time shall come, if you will get back the portrait that you painted for him, or will that be sometime still in the future? I wish we grew up more together when we were younger, but I'm glad for the growing up that we did have together and that I know you now. And so I'll stop being sappy, except to say that male blood cells are bigger than female ones.(muaahaaaa... I couldn't keep it in)