Sunday, November 30, 2008

another political post

go ahead and click away if you want, it won't hurt my feelings, I just thought it fair to warn you.

Is anybody else just the least bit worried about how chummy Russia and Venezuela are lately? There is a Russian navel fleet off the coast of Venezuela right now, and Monday they are set to do exercises together. Yes, I realize that Venezuela is tiny, and yes I realize that Chavez is a crazy dictator. BUT, there are plenty of other countries out there that would back an invasion into the U.S.

Russia is huge and powerful. It's government does not like ours. It never has. You can't convince me that Russia and the U.S. have ever been friends. Venezuela is small, but it has a lot of money from oil, or so it claims, and is in a strategic position to attack us. There are a lot of people in the world who would like to see us weakened and there are some Russian politicians who have actually said this very thing out loud.

So that's a problem. There are too many people in our country who won't fight. Who will welcome a new regime. Some may argue that we just did that when we elected Obama.

So what's the solution? I would like to see stronger borders. There are too many holes in our national borders. Let's stop letting our sons, daughters, husbands, wives, fathers, and mothers be killed halfway around the world. Let's bring them back and secure our own home. We can't save the world, but we can save our fellow Americans. I have faith that The United States of America will not fall into ruin. There is so much that can be written about this subject, but if you're really still reading this post, I won't bore you further.

But who really cares about national security and sovereignty when you can get a genetic test to determine which sport your kid will be best at!

BTW all my GA peeps - it's snowing here and it won't stop till April. Let me know if you want me to ship some to you.

3 comments:

Olivia Meikle said...

Hmmmm. It's your blog, so I won't say too much, but isn't the whole IDEA of 'Merica that we get a new "regime" at least every eight years?

I'm just sayin' . . .

Olivia Meikle said...

But I'll still give you the potato pearls.

ucmama said...

yes, we do get a new regime every 4-8 years. I'm not thrilled with this last one. I think you and I actually agree on a lot of things politically, it's just 1 or 2 things that push us to different voting planes. You can say whatever you want. I won't take it personally and remember the comments are moderated :) and thanks for the pearls...