Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I want to let my family know that I love them. I'm thinking about all of you. I pray for strength for my mom, my aunt, my uncle, and my GrandNorma. All of us grandkids/cousins are trying to keep in touch with each other and stay updated. We love you.

I'm pretty stressed. James was sick all weekend, so I was doing everything alone. I know that some women do everything alone all the time, but I don't. So it was kind of hard. It's also difficult not to get angry at James when he's sick. I know that's not nice, but I don't really get accused of being nice. It probably has a lot to do with the fact that when a wife is sick, she doesn't get to rest. She still has to take care of children, run errands, and do everything she has to do when she's not sick. Husbands, however, go to bed. And stay in bed till they feel better. They usually don't even have to get themselves water! Except for James. He has to get his own water.

Also, I had a migraine last night. When I get a migraine, it is a true one. With an aura that looks like colored pixels or crystals. And tingly toes. And extreme sensitivity to light and sound. And brain pounding pain that lasts for about 6-8 hours. I can't function when I have a migraine. I can't drive, I can't talk on the phone, I can't cook, I can't do anything but cry and/or throw up. So I took some migraine meds as soon as I started seeing the pixels. I don't usually do anything stronger than ibuprofin. James asked for robutussin when he was sick and we didn't even have any of that. But I will take anything I need to take not to have a migraine. The bad thing is though, that the meds make me very tired. So Boy Scouts was out. I laid on the couch and dozed while Sassafras yelled at, I mean watched, her brothers. The meds made the aura and pain go away. But I still felt pretty incoherent. And the day after is still pretty bad too.

So anyway, this post is so not funny. I'm terribly sorry and will try to remedy that problem in the future.

Oh wait! How bout this? I locked my keys in my locker at school today. With the key to the lock on my locker on the key ring. That was sitting in my purse. Inside my locker. So I went to campus security and asked for a coat hanger. Cause my mom taught me how to break into a house with a credit card, and my dad taught me to break into a car with a hanger. Anyway, I took the coat hanger and made a little hook at the end. Then, while James held his tiny blue LED to a hole in the side of the locker, I fished. I'm fishing for about 10 minutes and I can't see them in my purse. And I came to an awesome realization! I had put the keys in an odd pocket of my bookbag and I had had them all along... But should I ever need to get them out of a locked locker, I'm sure I'll be prepared :)

Apologies to my mother for making it sound like I come from a families of gypsies who taught all the kids to break and enter, pick pockets, etc. We are so not gypsies...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

... uh, I never told you about the gypsy side of the family? Also, there are just some essential skills that all parents need to teach their children ... Love you honey

sarah said...

You didn't even get him water when he needed it?!!! You are a bad wife!

ucmama said...

whatever B, I pulled a hose into the bedroom for him to suck on if he got thirty...

NOBODY said...

Oh my gosh, you are the queen of one liners. It's not really "one-liners" unless that means you can be SO FUNNY with just one line.

Is that what it means?

Olivia Meikle said...

Can't all GRITS break into cars with hangers? All the ones I met could . . .

Big M once locked his backpack in his car at school. With his keys in it. And the spare keys in it. And, also, my set of keys in it. However, not having GRITS skills, we had to call a locksmith. He mocked us. We deserved it.