Friday, November 07, 2008

So I'm not having such a great day today and I am taking kids to school and there's lots of yelling going on and there's just not a whole lot of love flying around like there is most mornings. It's one of those mornings where you just want to keep all your kids in bed with you and have all-day snuggle fest but if you really did that everyone would just end up crazy by the end of the day. I get the older kids off to school and I'm on the way to Hamster's school. I'm thinking about all the things I have to do, and all the ways things are not going according to my plans, and getting more than a little upset. And from the backseat comes the softest 2 yr-old voice singing I am a Child of God. I have to tell you I almost lost it. But since I didn't want to take Hamster into school and have the sweet sweet teachers there worry about why I was sobbing, I held it together. But it was really hard to do.

I think we get the kids we do for a reason. For our particular personalities and situations. My kids innately know just when to run up and give me a hug, or put their hand on my cheek, or sing a funny (or sweet) song. My heart would not be complete without them. Thank you Heavenly Father for the spirits you sent into my life.

3 comments:

Eve said...

Awww! I can't wait for Erick to start making sense when he sings, well other than,"Train traaaack, traaaaiiin traaackkk...."
That's such a sweet post.

NOBODY said...

Train traaaack is an oldy but goody.

I love this story.
I love that little squidgmidgeon face too. His, not yours.

Anonymous said...

Not that I don't love you or your face. I just wouldn't call it a little squidgmideon face. At least not TO it.