Sunday, November 23, 2008

My name is Michelle, and I'm a hair dye-aholic.
"Hi, Michelle!"
I let my hair be its natural color for a year and a half. Previously, I hadn't let my hair be natural for over ten years. I never varied too much from my original color, but just the same, I dyed it. So the other night I couldn't stand the itch any longer. I bought some dye. I felt like going a little lighter (usually I go a little darker or a little redder), so I got Dark Golden Blonde. I sat there for the obligatory 25 minutes, eyes burning, anticipating how beautiful my hair would be. I rinsed it, combed it, and waited for it dry so I could really see how it would look. I was sitting at the computer while I waited. Sassafras came downstairs and said; "I thought you were going to dye your hair." I told her I did. James came in right after and asked the same thing. So apparently I spent $8 to dye my hair virtually the same color it already was.

I got a new calling at church today. I'm a Sunbeams teacher. That means I teach the kids who turn/turned 4 this year. It will be the class that Hamster is in starting in January. I actually team-teach with another lady at church. But she doesn't teach as often. She's missing something socially, so she doesn't really get sarcasm or other references that I might find hilarious. Honestly though, sarcasm doesn't have much of a place in a room full of 4-year olds. They are very sweet little people, as well as frighteningly bright. And the other teacher is very kind and has a strong testimony of the gospel. The kids love her and I'm sure I will learn to also. I'm also grateful I get to stay with the kids, because they have way less issues than the grown-ups. Ain't nothing you can't cure with a lollipop and a hug.

Do you have Christmas fever yet? I've had it since August. I pretty much orchestrate the entire Christmas ordeal round these parts. Dr. Husband puts in his suggestions, and then I go crazy finding everything. I like unique gits. I like to get them and I like to give them. Like really hard to find things. Like the denim boots with tiny pockets and zippers on the side I had to have when I was 8. Thanks Mom! So Santa is bringing magic wands for my kids for Christmas. I thought it would be pretty cool to get them ones with lights in the ends and maybe made sounds, but the more I thought about it, the more I wanted ones that actually looked real. So I went to etsy.com, a very cool site btw, and found them ones that are carved with leather on the hilts. Do wands have hilts? I bought them from a seller who really gets into character and had me halfway believing they really are magic. The kids will be thrilled. So now I just have to rationalize buying magic wands to celebrate the birth of Christ.

5 comments:

NOBODY said...

Bo axed me today if the Easter Bunny used a magic wand to get kids stuff they wanted. I told him all the EB did was bring candy. He said, "nuh uh, one time he brought me a really cool blah blah blah that I really wanted." And I said, "No way, Jose, I gave that to you for Easter. And did you say thank you?"

What? This is your blog?
Sorry.

I'm curious, are "gits" like a southern thing? Are they edible?

How do you pull of random so charmingly. I just come across crazy.

By the way, you'll be Ave's teacher too. Woohoo!! She doesn't get sarcasm either. Bo does. She doesn't. In fact, I'm not entirely sure WHAT she gets.

NOBODY said...

Wait. Did you just call me immature?
I can totally be cured with a lollipop and a hug. I use the term "cured" very loosely here...

logan said...

haha! soon your kids will be casting spells on you!

xo.

ucmama said...

correction *gifts* not gits
thanks Nobody

and I'll remember the lollipop/hug thing :)

ucmama said...

Logan!!!!! we miss you! I'm putting you on my sidebar...woo-hoo!