Monday, November 24, 2008

OK. I'm usually pretty easy going. By that I mean I usually wait till you are gone to be annoyed with you. It makes the world a nicer place. I mean I truly can be around most people, even annoying ones, and be pretty diplomatic about it. Everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt. Maybe you had a bad day. Maybe you have a tummy ache. Maybe you're stupid. I don't know. But tapping your damn foot through an A&P lecture while you also talk to your neighbor, in a class of 8 people mind you, is obnoxious. Blood cell mating guy is also tapping foot guy. So the associate program I'm in is not a graduate program, I get that. But some of the people in my undergrad classes will be going on to the doctorate level. And I think doctors, and future doctors, should be at least a little considerate of other people around them. Of course, if you think blood cells mate, and you're 30, maybe you won't be making it through the program. I'm just sayin...

It also could have been the fact that Dr. Husband is still sick. Methinks it's times for a blessing for that guy, maybe like last week would have been good. Sassafras was sick all weekend too. So she went to school with me today. Nothing is more pleasurable than taking a sick elementary age kid with you to college. And when I say nothing, I really mean being in labor. Or having a cavity filled.

She wasn't really that naughty. She was just whiny cause she didn't feel good. She did make me proud to be her mom at one point though. There is a little lounge for the undergraduate students in the hall where my classes are. She was chillin in there while I had a class across the hall. There were a few students hanging around in there too. Halfway through my class she opens the door and comes over to me. I smile at the teacher and explain she's not feeling well while simultaneously giving Sassy the mom look. You know, the one where your head is tilted down ever so slightly and your eyebrows are raised. Daggers aren't shooting from your eyes yet, but they're in the forecast. She was definitely told to stay in that little room. "Mom", she whispers. "They were saying inappropriate things in there, so I left."

Wow. My kid realized she was not in a good situation and removed herself to go somewhere safe. To her mom. I must be doing something right. Later she asked me what FYI meant. She thought maybe it was initials for a bad-word phrase.

3 comments:

sarah said...

Good thing she got right out of there!!! Mine was home today too- threw up all last night. Not fun!

Eve said...

You didn't tell her what FYI meant yet did you? I would have had a little fun with that. Hey, email me your address. I want to send you something.

Eve said...

And might I add, it's not so much as eating off the floor, but distractions from him keeping me from cooking, cleaning, dancing, etc.