Friday, December 19, 2008

3 grits

These bailouts are leaving me cold!

A reason to buy Ford. (and not Chrysler or GM) I'm not a big fan of F(ound) O(n the) R(oadside) D(ead). This is because I have watched numerous friends deal with ridiculous problems that I never experienced with my Toyota. I also had a Lincoln, which is just a Ford with more buttons and a bigger price tag. But I can say that I like a company that ISN'T near bankruptcy. That's the kind of company I like to support.

Now the Bush is discussing the possibility of bailing out cheese factories. The American economy would surely collapse if the cheese industry were to go under. We would have mass riots in Wisconsin most definitely. Except they'd be very polite riots what with all the Scandinavian ancestry. Although there may be a few Viking throwback berserkers. OK, maybe Bush isn't going to bailout the cheese industry, but that's how I feel to wake up every day to read about some new industry getting a bailout. The articles say today that the bailout for Big Auto may just be loans. Loans my ass. There is no way that this will only be a loan. I'd love a loan like that. The best kind of loan is the kind you don't have to pay back. Maybe the automakers would work harder to get money from the consumers. Like in the form of selling more of their merchandise.

Maybe I'm being cold-hearted. Nah, I'm just cold-toed. And cold-eared. And cold-nosed. Have y'all been reading the news about all the weather? We actually haven't been inundated with the storms. What we're getting is pretty typical for our corner of the Midwest. We've gotten plenty of snow and we got ice pellets last night and early this morning. The kids got out of school today, but that also means they're missing their "holiday" parties. So we're probably going to do a mini party here. We'll make brownies, popcorn, and apple cider and watch movies. So cozy :)

But I won't be missing the predicted 5 degree high on Monday here. Brrrr...shiver, shiver! You know whyI won't be missing it? Cause I'll be wearing flip flops. And no coat. Even if it's 50 degrees where I am, I'll still be wearing flip flops. Cause Christmas is meant to be spent wearing a t-shirt. I'm just sayin'. I would like to know if Super L has snow. Since she was so sassy about the storms we were having. HA!

gotta go make brownies for my perfect children...

4 comments:

Becky said...

Lucky kids get a home party. Our home party today is "Clean out the toys" and find the missing Mary. We can't have Christmas without her!!!!
The weather has been rough but ok. I was a little nervous the other day, but as a whole, I'm doing ok, as a first time midwesterner! And I can't imagine wearing a t-shirt and flipflops on Christmas. Outside, at least. The west is pretty snowy this time of the year!
Ok, bailout..SOOOOOOOOOOOO TIRED of all there people who were stupid and didn't take care of themselves and now we have to. I believe in charity and helping the POOR!!! Don't get me wrong. I don't want to see this country fail. It's just the whole "Teach a man to fish" concept!!! The only way to have a free market society is to hang in there in the hard times.
GROW A SET!!!
Sorry, excuse my non-lady-like-ness!
Merry Christmas!

Big Jay said...

To possibly put a charitable twist on the situation - The Bush administration may be just trying to force them into bankruptcy in a politically palatable way. But more likely it's another move in a long line of cynical moves to build the republican brand among democrats. It makes me want to use large amounts of profanity.

Anonymous said...

We "the people" elect our political leaders, to represent our views and beliefs. Correct? That being said, I've done a mini-poll of some of my co-workers and some of my friends. None of us want the auto bailouts. So, who could it be influencing our political leaders to push through a bailout? Possibly, the UAW? Oh, silly, silly me. What was I thinking? It was the UAW and other "big interest groups" that put our political leaders in office to begin with!!! Thus, our "leaders" are representing those who got them in ......

Olivia Meikle said...

We do have snow. Lots of it. BUT we are still above zero. So my point still stands.

However, I am jealous of the flip-flops. I miss T-shirt southern Christmases. Especially the one where we played outside the whole afternoon in shorts . . .