Tuesday, December 02, 2008

ran-dumb

Anyone have any size 4 jazz shoes lying (laying?) around? Sassy needs some for her class and I don't even know where to look. Amazon is my best bet I'm thinkin.

The Hamster got an attitude for Christmas. I'm pretty sure I gave it to him, but I wasn't paying attention and it sort of snuck up on me. I told him he was short. Well, he is. And he shot his little pointer finger at me and said "NO! You short!" I totally deserved it too.

Did I mention he's a month shy of 3? My kids don't really hit the terrible two's. They come terrible. Then when they hit 3, it's like the terrible two's, just with a bigger vocabulary.

Anyone else like kefir? Hyvee has some really good vanilla. It's in the health food section. Also, don't look for the Just Strawberries right now, I already cleaned them out.

I tried making my own kefir a few years ago. I bought the little kefir grains. I got about 3 gallons out of them and then they just stopped working. I guess I didn't "feed" them enough or something. One of my friends makes her own yogurt. She's very cool.

Someone gave us almost half a deer, already processed into sausages, steaks, and ground meat. For free. That's karma. For the half goat we gave away a few years back.

Did you know that if you only feed your baby ball pythons once a week, they will try to eat the same mouse at the same time and become a horribly twisted up ball of snakes? And then when you untangle them as gently as possible, they will still hang on until you very carefully work their little mouths off. What? More than you EVER wanted to know about feeding snakes?

I would like to know how the Girl Scouts Organization can sleep at night knowing that their iron-on patches are in no way iron-on.

I would also like to know why my husband thinks it's necessary to watch StrongBad and/or The Brak Show in stereo. Surely insane, mind-warping cartoons can be enjoyed through the television's speakers.

I'm almost completely done Christmas shopping. I just have to buy stocking stuffers for my sister. My mom and sisters are doing a stocking exchange this year. We like (small) surprises. Big surprises are not really welcomed round our families. Unless you want to surprise me with lots and lots of money. That'd be pretty great.



4 comments:

dancin' momma said...

Oh StrongBad...gotta love it.

ucmama said...

You like Homestar Runner? I just got James the DVD set of all of Strongbad's emails. Y'all should come over and warp your minds with us sometime. Yeah, come on!

Anonymous said...

It's "laying." If the object can place itself in that position, it's "lying." If the inanimate object has to be placed in that position, by another source, it's "laying."...
And, I love you; however, Hamster's correct - you are also short.

We are going to have so much fun, with the stocking exchange! Good idea.

Anonymous said...

well thats not nice of a mother to call her daughter short.... its all perspective.... you are tall compared to some of my friends:-)