Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I really want to write a political post, but I have to pull my thoughts together a little more. This is just a warning that you may or may not want to read the next one. Sort of a forecast. Snow and political posts may fall tomorrow. This post is just 1 grit, and is just a few cutsie pie apple buns pumby umby umpkins kiddie type stories.

Hamster was eating pomegranate seeds the other day. He had a little bowl of them. When he wandered back into the kitchen without his bowl. "Hamster, where's your pomegranate seeds?" says I. "My Obama seeds?" asked my sweet little rodent. Obama seeds? Super L would probably argue that he's a Dem already, but I think it's amazing that an almost 3-year-old already has politics seeping into his psyche. So now pomegranate seeds will forever be Obama seeds round here. Even Midwestern fruit is to the left of center.

Bud called Pickles a butt crack old fool the other day. After I came back from the bathroom where I could laugh privately, I told him that was very rude indeed.

Pickles thinks in comic book-ese. He illustrates sounds and actions with loud made-up emphasis. I flicked the bottom of a donut (the store spells it that way) box that Sassafras was licking. Pickles yelled "THWOCK!" That's really what it sounded like too! He likes to yell things like "POW!" as he feints a punch at his brother. He's always sort of been like that though. Look for his name in the credits in about 20 years, as he will be a big time director someday. He and Sassafras used to role play with toys. Pickles would always direct the play and tell Sass what to say and what was going to happen. He would insert asides and stage directions. "Now I'm going to walk through the door. walk, walk, walk." Now I'm shrinking. shriiiiiiiiink."


and finally a Sassafras story. I'm not really sure where she picked this up, I've only seen it portrayed in Super Troopers, but she's been saying meow in the middle of talking about other things. "How was your day meow?" "Meow y'all get over here!" That's all I can stand to write about her right now, cause her attitude really been pissing me off lately. I call her Sassafras for a very good reason.

Y'all come back meow, ya hear?

5 comments:

Eve said...

Okay, so in 20 years I better see the name "Pickles" in the credits of something. heh heh

Becky said...

Oh, meow, politics. One of 2 things you aren't supposed to discuss in polite company. Oh well, they are both important to me, so I will anyway!

Olivia Meikle said...

Hooray for coming politics meow!

I am going to stage-direct my life from now on. "Now I'm going to the store. Now I'm going to put you in a time out. Now you are really getting me mad . . ."

Meow.

logan said...

I want some Obama seeds...please? and can I just come and live with you and your amazingly cute family?

XOXO

ucmama said...

Eve - I'm sure you will
Curly - I'll talk politics almost anytime
Super L - I thought you already said your own stage directions!?!
Aunt Logan - You are welcome anytime