Tuesday, December 09, 2008

I'm feeling a little lazy, so I'm reposting something I blogged about on myspace before. Since I'm pretty sure none of y'all have read that blog, excepting maybe Eve, it'll be fresh to you.

I was born on a last quarter moon.
James was born on a waxing crescent.
Sassafras was born on waxing gibbous. And Sept is the month for Harvest moons.
Pickles was also born on a waxing gibbous.
Bud was born on a waning crescent.
Hamster was born on waning gibbous.

and another one...

So I've been doing a lot of genealogical research lately. My kids are almost exclusively of German/British stock. I did find a few interesting people: Salvator Muscoe was an Italian master stone mason. I also found just a couple Swiss ancestors as well. I did not, however, find the elusive Native American ancestor that all Southerners seem to claim. This is tracing back at least two hundred years on each line. I find this research fascinating and addicting, and hopefully I'll be able to eventually travel and get better proof on some of the people that seem to prove a little more elusive.
GO DEAD FOLKS!

So there you go...

2 comments:

Becky said...

Yeay for Harvest Moons! That is me and my hubby!
Keep going with that geneology thing! You will find those elusive ones!

Big Jay said...

I always tell people that my swiss / scandanavian heritage helps me identify with minorities. With all the stereotypes against swiss people holding us back. Fight the power!