Wednesday, December 03, 2008

*PollyAnna warning*

I'm about to play the glad game, so if you've just eaten sugar, this post may put you into a diabetic coma. (Sorry too any readers who actually are in a coma, no offense)

My truck decided to stop making gasoline go to the engine when I pushed the pedal. In short, the pedal went floppy.

BUT,
I'm glad I was going downhill at the time. Can you imagine how nasty that could have been for a half-ton vehicle on ice?
I'm glad it was the gas pedal instead of the brake pedal. I don't even want to imagine that one.
I'm glad I was on my way to pick up my kids at my friend's house. She usually works on Wednesdays, so otherwise I would have been screwed. AND, we had a warm safe place to wait.
I'm glad I get AAA every Easter from my mother. Thanks again Mom.
I'm glad Hamster was at his awesome preschool so I didn't have to worry about where he was either.
I'm glad the tow-truck driver had the most awesome mullet I've ever seen. It's an image I will hold onto forever, so I can think about it in inappropriate situations and chuckle.
I'm glad said friend was willing to give me a ride to pick up Hamster, AND take me to Hertz to get a rental car.
I'm glad the Hertz guy gave me a discount on top of the AAA discount.
I'm glad the car I got seats 6, since most cars seat 5, and vans are too expensive to rent for just a few days at a time.
I'm glad I have two other friends who immediately came over to examine the problem
I'm glad it had stopped snowing before they came over.
I'm glad the problem was just the tiny clamp on the throttle cable and not a $2000 issue.

I'm glad I'm in bed next to my sweet sweet Bud while he falls asleep on my shoulder.

6 comments:

sarah said...

I hate car problems. I was dealing with my own yesterday- windshield wipers. It may seem like a small thing. But I had to pull over 3 times on the way to the fix it place to clear the windshield so I could see. I hate car problems.

Eve said...

I'm GLAD you're glad, and safe. I've had dreams that my brake/gas pedal stopped working. Never actually happened in real life. Lucky!... J/K bet it was a little scary

Becky said...

I am glad you are safe!

Clay Perry said...

when you put it all like that, it makes it seem as if actually was a very good day, enviable use of positive thinking....

ucmama said...

thanks, I was sort of accused of having depressing posts so I thought I'd try to be more positive. I don't know if I can handle too many more that are so sticky sweet. But the truck fix ended up being 15 cents.

Anonymous said...

that would have been scary as hell, but Im definitely glad that it wasnt the brake pedal