Wednesday, December 10, 2008

This is what Christmas is all about Charlie Brown...

I was putting Hamster to sleep last night. Really I was playing with him while James kept shushing us. I wanted to make sure, in his sweet little head, that he knew what Christmas was about.
me: Christmas is coming!
Hamster: no mo dah-purs affer Cwi-mus. (We're serious about potty training soon)
me: Right, no diapers. But also it's about Jesus' birthday.
Hamster: Jeeshus?
me: uh huh. Jesus. It's a celebration about His birthday.
Hamster: and open MY pwesunts!

yeah, Hamster, open your presents. Who told my almost 3-year old that he opens presents? Oh yeah, the 5-year old. Thanks Bud.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Still working on that one with the spunky ones at my house. Trying to do our best!

Anonymous said...

sounds like hes talking more.... and just so you know... with most of your posts, ive had to decipher which kids you are talking about with the nicknames.... geesh you could let a relative know