Sunday, December 14, 2008

Free Association, that's right, I said FREE - 2 grits

What natural law governs the fact that a kid will always choose the place you JUST cleaned to vomit all over? Pickles, who is hardly ever sick btw, ran into the bathroom and threw up less than an hour after I had made everything sparkly.

I took Sassafras and her Girl Scout troop to an retirement home yesterday. They sang songs to the residents and visited a little. The girls were very cute and got the older people involved. Everyone really enjoyed the singalong. The home was filled with Christmasy type stuff. But there was one decoration I could not figure out. When we first walked in, Santa's head was sitting on a table. Just his head. Decapitated and smiling and welcoming us to a happy happy singalong.

Who wants to drive, without switching off, with 4 kids, a cranky husband, a van full of gifts, 2 hamsters, 2 snakes, and a dog for 14 hours? Not you? Me neither. But alas, that is my fate. Coming soon to a GA near you.

Have I mentioned how great it is to have a deep freezer? How did I go so long without one? I no longer have to play freezer tetris every time I go shopping.

I feel very behind this year. I haven't even taken a picture of the kids, much less gotten the cards out that said pics are supposed to be in. I didn't get any decorations out until last week. Maybe I'll just leave them up until the middle of January to make up for it. I need to pack this week. All the gifts I haven't shipped already anyway. I need to do all the laundry. After I finish rewashing everything that Pickles regurgitated on.

Plus I need to get several assignments turned in. Say a little prayer for me this week. Not necessarily that I get everything done, but just that I don't go crazy trying. And I can't wait to see all my favorites in GA soooooooooooooooooooon!

2 comments:

dancin' momma said...

Ok, maybe I won't whine about driving 18 hours with my two kids, and not so cranky husband...good luck!! And good luck not going crazy. Me, I'm already there :)

Olivia Meikle said...

Hooray for freezer tetris! It shall be known by that name forever more in the Meikle house. Thanks!

And good luck on the drive.

And ha-ha at the weather in where you live today. SO glad to be gone . . .