Thursday, December 11, 2008

This post is safe for Nobody.

Nobody has asked for a warning system that allows her to avoid conspiracy theory posts, scary political posts, and/or posts about zombie robots. If you too would like to avoid those particular types of posts, then look for the Nobo warning label.

You know what fun is? Fun is spending an hour and a half at Sam's, gathering almost $700 worth of groceries. Then standing in line while you get OMG looks from fellow customers and the brave ones asking how long all that will last. If I'm feeling extra sassy, I tell them I'm just topping off the underground stash since we just built a new bunker. Or that it only lasts 3 days. Or that it lasts a week, but I have 12 kids. OK, so it really lasts a month as long as I refresh with fresh fruits and veggies once a week.

What's even more fun is loading everything into the buggy and looking for my food stamps card* and not finding it. So then I use my debit card. Then I go to my truck and find the food stamp card on the floor of the truck. Then I push the buggy full of $700 worth of groceries back into the store to ask for a refund, so I can use the f.s. card. And being told I would have to get my money back in cash, and then go back through the line. With $700 worth of groceries.

At this point the shopping trip had been two hours long already.

So I did it. I went back through the line and unloaded all the groceries back onto the belt. And the poor cashier loaded everything back into the buggy. And I put it all into my truck, took it home, unloaded it into the house, and then loaded it all into the cabinets.

Call ucmama for a good time...

*before you judge me for the food stamps thing, remember that Dr. Husband is blind, we've paid into the system for over ten years each, we are paying over $100,000 to the state of IA to get our degrees, and we will be paying into the system when we are done with school until we die. So if you must judge, then at least you are now sufficiently edemucated about our sichee-ashun.

On a side note, I should really be watching the Hamster a little more closely instead of blogging right now. I'm putting him to sleep (Ha-Ha) and he told me was going to go "get some chissues to bow his nose". He just climbed back up next to me with his arms absolutely full of toilet paper.

uh, I should probably go take care of this...

6 comments:

Olivia Meikle said...

I like the Nobo warning system, because it tells me which posts I'm going to enjoy the MOST!

Not that this wasn't lovely too.

And hey, if anyone's doing some judging about food stamps, it ain't us (me) Democrats.

sarah said...

You are brave. I probably would've said no thanks on the groceries and left. What a nightmare. And BTW, I'm going to be an awesome MIL!!

Becky said...

Been there, done that whole not findin' the FS card. Not with the $700, though. You are a trooper to get back in there and do it all over again!
I kind of wish I was there with a video camera! I can't imagine laughing more than I am already, though!

Eve said...

Yeah, that would have been a great test on my patience, endurance, and tolerance of other people. I would have failed prolly, but I can't wait to see you!!

Anonymous said...

I only judge democrats, so it's all good.

I do like the warning system, thank you.

By the way, your comment made me laugh out loud. Two seconds after I read the "I like your outfit" Bo walked in and said, "You look good today mom" and it kind of freaked me out. I mean, is HE stalking me too!?!?!?!

I wish I could have seen you trapsing all over Sam's parking lot and whatnot, with $700 worth of groceries. That is hilarious.

Anonymous said...

I would not have had the patience... love e