Wednesday, January 07, 2009

2 grits for being mushy
This is a love letter. It's to Eve, but you can read it too if you want.

Dear Eve,

You are awesome. I don't really understand how you can make everyone feel like they are your best friend. And be sincere about it. Except to your family. Then you are Aunt Meanie.

I think your art is amazing. I also find it fascinating that our artistic styles are so similar. I miss painting for several hours at a time with you.

Thanks for letting us crash at your house and never apologizing if there is a diaper on the floor or dishes in the sink. EVERYone's house looks like that when they work at least 2 jobs and have 2 kids.

I think your kids have very cool names. And personalities. And they are very cute too. And you know I would tell you if they weren't really.

I'm jealous that you can sing so well. And that you taught yourself to play the guitar. And that it was easy. But I'm glad you did, because the songs you write are good.

I think you're awesome for lots of other reasons too, but I have to go study.

I miss you. And I'm glad that I really am one of your best friends. Woo-hoo! for Eve!

love,
Michelle

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think every love letter should include a WOO HOO!
It just makes it complete, you know?

Eve said...

Awww.... shucks... I really needed that letter. That's why you're one of my best friends! I love you too!!