Friday, January 09, 2009

A little bit of not much

Have you ever typed in blogpsot.com instead of blogspot.com? If that's who hosts your blog anyway. You get a MEGA-Bible site by accident. Interesting.

I was talking to a friend last night. We were discussing how we say things are retarded way too often. It isn't nice much less PC to call things retarded. Well, Sassafras heard me call something retarded the other day and asked a very good question. "If something is REtarded, then does that mean it was tarded before?"

Have you ever heard a 3-year-old sing The Killers? It's awesome.

I've stopped drinking sodas again. It always makes me feel so much better. Why can't I remember that and just not drink them at all? Partly because I was raised where Coca-cola and sweet tea runs freely.

James gave me The Complete Tales of Uncle Remus for Christmas. The kids love to hear about Brer Rabbit's hijinks. And I love to type the word hijinks.

The counselors at my kids' school have been teaching them something called a Ha-Ha warm-up. It's where you start laughing to make yourself feel better until you are laughing for real. Try it, it works. Nothing is funnier than a Suburban full of children ha-ha-ing until they collapse into a heap of belly giggles.

One thing about real winter I didn't realize: It's actually warmer when there is snow on the ground than when there is just ice everywhere. The snow seems to act like an insulator while ice acts like, well, ice.

Another thing about winters here: I miss the winter wildlife I'm used to. All I see round these parts are squirrels and the occasional cardinal.

I'm done now. I don't want to make a little bit of not much into a lottle bit of too much.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I am working on not using "retarded", too. It just isn't very nice, just a little ingrained in me!
I want to try that ha-ha-ing! I need it sometimes! Maybe a good way to fight the depression thing! Keep that in my arsenal!