Sunday, January 11, 2009

I've been a little blogstipated the last couple of days. I'm just not feeling it I think. But it's a good exercise, whenever you can't think creatively, to fake it till you make it. I apologize in advance if it's less value than what you paid for. Did I just end that in a preposition?

Here's a little email my mom sent me recently:

A couple from Georgia and a couple from the East Coast were seated side by side on an airplane. The girl from Georgia, being friendly and all, said, "So where y'all from?" The East Coast girl said, "From a place where they know better than to use a preposition at the end of a sentence." The girl from Georgia sat quietly for a few moments and then replied: "So, where y'all from, bitch?"

When southerners say East Coast, they mean anywhere on the coast north of the Mason Dixon line. I know that sounds funny that anyone besides a history major even knows where that is. But southerners know because there is a different flavor.

There, that's all I can muster right now. Be back tomorrow...

2 comments:

Olivia Meikle said...

Once summer in college I was walking around campus in bare feet (I dunno, I just did that back then), and dropped by my dad's office for a minute. On my way down his hall, another professor passed me in the hall and remarked, I thought to someone else, "We're north of the Mason-Dixon, you know."

I continued on my merry way till halfway down the hall when I realized . . . heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy . . .

Don't worry. He got canned later. He was a jerk. AND he was from the East Coast.

Becky said...

I love the word "ya'll"! It has crept into my vocabulary and it has just stuck! One of my best friends just moved to Kentucky (where her husband is from) and she adores it! She says people are so kind and nice. Everyone could learn some lessons from you southerners! I know I have!