Monday, January 19, 2009

With this being my one hundredth post, and in the tradition of blogging, I'm gonna post 100 things about myself. Take it however you want to.

1. I'm ambidextrous. I can write, play ball, eat, and many other things with both of my hands equally.
2. I don't have a favorite color. When I paint, my palette usually has dark blue, emerald green, rust, and a deep medium yellow, but that's as close as I get to favorites.
3. When I was growing up, I didn't want to get married or have kids. 15 years later, I've been married for almost 11 years and have 4 kids.
4. I hate jello.
5. I love chili chocolate.
6. I would change my kids' middle names if I could go back and use family names instead.
7. I like being alone.
8. I have learned to love spicy things. I have learned this after being married to someone who will eat hot peppers for fun.
9. I love having blue eyes.
10. I love it that my daughter has brown eyes.

11. I look like my dad more than my mom.
12. I like having pets less now that I'm a grown-up.
13. I love King Arthur stories.
14. I love Southern Gothic literature.
15. My middle name is Rae
16. I hated my middle name growing up and now I really like it.
17. I like being friends with my parents now that I'm an adult.
18. Most of my friends are not the same age as I am.
19. I have nicely shaped feet, but kind of short toes.
20. i love having my head and face massaged. But if you do it without warning, I'll probably hit you.

21. I used to get in a lot of fist fights when I was little.
22. I played softball from the time I was 8 until I was almost 18.
23. I like dispelling the myth that Southerners are stupid.
24. I want to travel the world, and one day I will.
25. I like to roller skate.
26. I've never skied - on water or snow.
27. I like to fish.
28. I hate swimming in water that's murky: the ocean, lakes, big rivers. If I can't see the bottom, it freaks me out.
29. I like to be funny.
30. I'm kind of afraid of picking up Sassafras's hamsters. I really don't want them to bite me.

31. Our dogs always behave much better for me than for James.
32. I used to want to be a paleontologist.
33. I have two sisters.
34. I don't like hugging people by way of saying hello.
35. I'm not detail oriented.
36. I have a Myspace page AND a facebook page and a blog. It's a wonder I don't get tired of myself.
37. I have a hard time pretending to be excited when I hear about a baby's name that I don't like. "Oh! You named your baby Helga! That's...that's interesting..."
38. I was raised Catholic.
39. I like living where I live, for half the year anyway.
40. I wish I could crochet, but I find incredibly boring.

41. I love the show My Name Is Earl.
42. I hate reality TV, unless it has a good purpose and makes people's lives better.
43. I like what I write (and read) to be grammatically correct and properly spelled, but I'm not a stickler for it.
44. If someone hurts my feelings, I don't usually confront them, I just remove myself from the relationship.
45. I love having kids, but I HATE being pregnant.
46. I've had natural childbirth, by choice, 4 times.
47. I had my 3rd child at home with just my husband present. It was amazing.
48. I wanted Hamster to be a girl, so I could have 2 of each, but I'm so grateful that he's a part of our family.
49. Hamster nearly died a week after his birth. We spent part of a week in PICU. So that one really isn't about me, but it shaped me.
50. I grew up in a place where there was at least one Baptist church within every square mile of real estate.

51. I used to get myself un-lost from ATL by looking where the sun was in the sky and traveling in the direction of home.
52. I don't really like hard candy even though I make cinnamon candy every Christmas. Everyone tells me it's awesome, but I don't like it. But I make it anyway. I think it's better then if I made chocolate. No one would get any.
53. I love indoor plumbing. I've used outhouses. They suck.
54. I like guns. Not enough to have a conversation about what's a good gun and what's not, but I think owning one for protection is a good thing.
55. I used to wish I was from somewhere else. I wanted to be exotic. Now I'm glad to be me.
56. I love being an American. Even before Obama was elected and it was cool again.
57. I wish more moms would better educate themselves about things regarding their children. This includes breastfeeding and circumcision, among other things. If those other moms decide to do something counter to my beliefs, as long as they are educated about their choice, then I support them. Otherwise I feel sorry for their kids.
58. I'm highly opinionated about lots of things. But that doesn't mean I want to change your mind. If you don't agree with me, I honestly don't care.
59. #58 may have sounded snotty. Oh well.
60. I hate spiders. I'm not afraid of them. I HATE them.

61. I had a great childhood.
62. I hope my children feel the same way when they are 30.
63. I love being an artist. I love being able to put what's in my head onto canvas.
64. I wish I could sing better. I'm a decent alto in a choir, but I'd like to be able to sing solos.
65. I wish I played a musical instrument. I plan on taking up the cello when I'm done with school.
66. I don't plan on finishing school until I have a marketing/business degree.
67. I never wanted to have a business degree until a couple of years ago.
68. I not only feel incredibly blessed, but lucky as well. Good things happen to me.
69. I should take more pictures.
70. I should exercise more.

71. I love shoes. If I had the money, I would have at least 100 pairs.
72. I love seafood.
73. I hate cantaloupe. I try it every year just to make sure and I still hate it.
74. I'm allergic to mangoes. Actually I think it's just a sensitivity since you can't truly be allergic to anything except a protein, but my lips swell up and I get itchy, so I don't know.
75. I didn't develop a sensitivity to mangoes until I was in my 20's.
76. I'm a B student. Because I don't study enough. Because I procrastinate by doing things like this list.
77. I'm good at accents. I speak Spanish like a 3 year old (all present tense and necessary vocabulary), but I can roll my r's like a native.
78. I like most genres of music, with the exceptions of R&B, modern country, metal, and most pop.
79. I laughed at the movie Sweeney Todd.
80. I cried at Pay It Forward.

81. I wish I had most/better stuff. I know that materialistic, but oh well.
82. I love babies. But I also like to give them back to their moms.
83. I HATE to clean bathrooms. But I do anyway, because I hate dirty bathrooms even more.
84. I wish I realized how pretty I was in high school, but that may have been dangerous then.
85. I think people keep getting more and more attractive. Especially when I see pictures/paintings from times past.
86. My husband still makes me laugh till I cry, and that's very important.
87. I really appreciate people who are funnier than I am.
88. I'm addicted to Coca-cola.
89. I don't buy ice cream very often. I like it, I just don't buy it.
90. I'm slightly jealous of people born with naturally red hair, but only sometimes.

91. I like my ears. They have a nice shape and they don't stick out.
92. I like it when people tell me my children are beautiful and then in the next sentence tell me they look like me.
93. I love it that my husband tells me he loves many many times a day.
94. I also get kind of tired of the fact that he has to touch me every time he goes past me.
95. I love to read, but I don't really have enough time to do it.
96. I love living near big bodies of water.
97. I miss my GrandDad.
98. I want to move back to GA when we're done with school here.
99. I don't get sick very often.
100. This list wasn't really that hard to write. Maybe I'm more self-centered than I thought!

If you read all the way to the bottom of this list and you still like me, awesome!

4 comments:

M.Howerton said...

ok, so I must know.. What is Chili Chocolate? I like Chili. I like Chocolate.
Chili Chocolate?
Please tell me I've been in a closet somewheres and its really the name of a chocolate or a nick name for your favorite foods combined into one description in order to keep your list at 100.

Anything that has the word chocolate in it is intriguing especially when I am not sure about the word in front of it, cause beans, meat and tomatoes with chocolate does not sound good.
Ugh.. I must know! :)

logan said...

I used to want to be a paleontologist too! We used to pretend to find bones and stuff in the back yard...

Oh, and I still like you.

NOBODY said...

I still like you, does that make me awesome or is that just a general "awesome"? Please, can we make this about me.

Some of these made me laugh right out loud. Like, liking your ears. Not caring what people think, "it's a wonder I don't get tired of myself", etc.

I enjoyed this thoroughly. Congratulations on 100th post.

Becky said...

Happy 100th! Sheesh, that sounds like you are a sweet old woman in a rocking chair!
But really, there were a few that really hit me...
~(#16)I hated my first name growing up, but now I like it. So much that I gave it to Sessa as a middle name. Is that vain? Maybe I am just trying to keep myself good!
~(#44) If I hurt your feelings, tell me. Your friendship is too cool to lose!
~(#56) I love being an American and always have!
~(#57) Amen! Educate yourself and make your choice. It doesn't have to be the one I would chose. Just educate yourself!
~(#65) I love the cello! My favorite instrument. That and the harp!
Thanks for sharing the "REAL" you!!!
Hope you can come over sometime on Tuesday nights!!!